• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Video Review of the Droid Shell/Holster Combo

Just thought you guys would like to know, looks like you can get this case on eBay for about half the price.

Shell/Holster Combo Case

I bought
this one but only cause the seller is in Florida and so am I. I figured it would get here faster. Ill let everyone know how legit the case is when i get it.

Looks legit so I bought one too, I am from Florida as well.

Upvote 0
I've tried and returned the Body Glove case, i've tried and returned the droid rubberized plastic holder.
I finally purchased this shell/holster combo, and it's the best case hands down.
It is extremely lightweight, it doesnt add the bulk the others do, and it slips very very easily into the holster.

What i especially like about it is the front cover part. it's very thin, so when you open up the keyboard (which doesn't add ANY additional traction or pull like the others did), you can still have full use of the top row of keys. they are not impeded in any way..

highly recommend this one, if you are as anal as I am in trying to find good phone protection...

Upvote 0
Best Buy sold me one of those leather horizontal pouches that clips on your belt. Of course it has a magnetized cover, so it keeps the Droid awake. :mad: He told me had sold a bunch to Droid owners too.....so I bet there are a bunch of people running around and cursing at the battery life of the Droid being horrible, when its not all the phones fault.

I just picked up this shell/case shown in this review on Ebay for $15 shipped. :cool:

Upvote 0
So i just got my case in the mail, its not as great as i thought it would be, im not saying its bad though just not amazing. My biggest complaint is that when i slide open the keyboard the snap on case on the screen drags across the keyboard and types a bunch of random letters in.

That should not happen. The one I bought from Verizon does not do that. As a matter of fact, the edge does not even come down as far as the screen part of the phone case, so there is no way it could drag across the keyboard. Since the letters on the keyboard are just stuck to a membrane, it is just a matter of time before you tear them off.

Edit: I just thought of something. Did you put the screen half on upside down? The end with the microphone cutout goes on the mic end.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Just thought you guys would like to know, looks like you can get this case on eBay for about half the price.

Shell/Holster Combo Case

I bought
this one but only cause the seller is in Florida and so am I. I figured it would get here faster. Ill let everyone know how legit the case is when i get it.

I purchased mine on Ebay 14.99 shipped and I like it :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones