• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Warp Sequent is flashing and blinking!

danafitz2

Lurker
Mar 11, 2013
Hi everyone... I just recently bought a ZTE Warp Sequent with Boost Mobile. This is my first smart phone but I know enough to know it should not be doing what it is doing. Every once and while my screen will start to flash and blink and freezes up. The only way to get it to go back to normal is to pull the back off and pull the battery. I know this can not be good for the phone but I don't know what else to do. I have downloaded Norton and the Web Dr. Apps to help protect me but it doesnt seem to be helping. Should I just take it back to Best Buy? Is this something I did or is it a device defect? Any replies or ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

its either something you installed on the phone or its just defective, technically it could even be the norton and webdr programs doing it, also it could be the auto brightness but that is unlikely to cause a freeze up unless its malfunctioning which would in turn go back to it being defective. i would exchange it, then if it starts doing it again we can figure out exactly why but it definitely seems to be a manufacturer defect at this point

Upvote 0
if it was a common issue id say upgrade will fix it, but if upgrade does fix it then it was a manufacturer issue and could cause more problems in the future. it would indicate that something didnt get put into the phone right in the first place which could be just a fluke or it could be bad blocks in the phones internal memory, which will cause the phone to fail again just possibly in other areas, so as i said, the best course of action would be an exchange if at all possible. also it could be all those programs that are constantly running in the background, antivirus programs are always on, and if they cause issues with the phone then you will have constant intermittent issues every time it goes to scan things which is on a regular basis

Upvote 0
Hi everyone... I just recently bought a ZTE Warp Sequent with Boost Mobile. This is my first smart phone but I know enough to know it should not be doing what it is doing. Every once and while my screen will start to flash and blink and freezes up. The only way to get it to go back to normal is to pull the back off and pull the battery. I know this can not be good for the phone but I don't know what else to do. I have downloaded Norton and the Web Dr. Apps to help protect me but it doesnt seem to be helping. Should I just take it back to Best Buy? Is this something I did or is it a device defect? Any replies or ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Well danafitz2 initially I too had similar problems with my ZTE warp sequent it Crashes, freezes it will act crazy need pull out the battery very often and later I got frustrated visited the stores they did what they can later they asked me to call up the manufactures for warranty claim one of techie over there convinced to do master reset at least once in a month over the phone to clear up the cache memory and even to do a software update by visiting ZTE official website and asked me to close unwanted background apps. Cool amazing hey danafitz2 that fixed the problem give a shot do a hard reset guys or call the manufactures.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones