• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my x10 keeps switching off please help

Hi guys,

New to the forum and not a tech head, so any answers will have to be plain english for me please.

My x10 keeps crashing, just switches off, it could happen 10 times a day, not on its own, i would be using at the time. I thought it was a RAM thing so i DL android booster, and it doesnt seem to be a battery low problem.

I have taken out the battery and put it back in and I could of had a full battery and when put back in it would say 10 % and take it out again and put back in and it would be back to full.

Is it a memory problem, does it overload, is it over heating ? Could it be a virus ? I regularly run the antivirus and nothing has ever shown up.The phone isnt rooted and I dont have a million apps either . . .

Help, im close to hopping it off the wall. . .

Hi guys,

New to the forum and not a tech head, so any answers will have to be plain english for me please.

My x10 keeps crashing, just switches off, it could happen 10 times a day, not on its own, i would be using at the time. I thought it was a RAM thing so i DL android booster, and it doesnt seem to be a battery low problem.

I have taken out the battery and put it back in and I could of had a full battery and when put back in it would say 10 % and take it out again and put back in and it would be back to full.

Is it a memory problem, does it overload, is it over heating ? Could it be a virus ? I regularly run the antivirus and nothing has ever shown up.The phone isnt rooted and I dont have a million apps either . . .

Help, im close to hopping it off the wall. . .

My suggestion would be 1 of two things.

One is to back everything up, and do a factory reset. This is 99 percent guaranteed to work the first time.

The second option is to delete apps one at a time until you find the one's causing the problem. I would first suggest any android booster (which are garbage) and also any antivirus app.

Or maybe install an app like Task Manager and open the task manager to see what apps are running. Kill all apps, wait 2 min, and open Task Manager again and take a look at what apps reappear on their own.

Then post a list of those apps that reappeared.

Upvote 0
I posted on this subject last week in another thread. Mine did exactly the same thing so I put the battery from my wifes X10 in mine and mine stopped doing it but my wifes started shutting down. I have now fitted a new battery and the problem has gone. If you know someone with an X10 just swap the batteries and see if it makes a difference!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones