• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mysterious Numbers in Notification Bar

daeryn

Lurker
Sep 27, 2012
Hello all,

I've looked all over the net to try and find anyone else with a similar issue but can't. Today two numbers (70 70) appeared on my notification bar. When I swipe the bar down to open it there is no row related to the numbers (see image).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've tried going into running processes and killing them all one by one. I've installed Advanced Task Killer, set security filter to low and killed everything... Nothing is getting rid of them. When I reboot they are the first thing I see on the bar before anything else loads.

Phone: Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
Android version: 4.0.4
System: 6.16.211.XT912

Any ideas what they might be and how I can get rid of them?

Thanks!

Is there an app you downloaded that runs a battery widget, it could be somehow putting it on the notification bar twice, just showing the battery percentage?

It just looks like a battery app i downloaded and kept up there when i had stock ics and couldnt have the percentage instead of a battery icon

If this isnt the problem respond back please :)

Upvote 0
I've signed up to this forum looking for an answer to the same problem!

Not allowed to post an image yet, but I've got the number "85" appearing in the top left of my notification bar (only once, not twice like the OP).

It appeared sometime yesterday afternoon.

I havn't installed anything for a few days, it isn't battery / signal / timer or anything else that I can tell.

The number hasn't changed overnight.

I just want it gone!!!

Phone: HTC One S
ROM: Trickdroid 7.1 (Android 4.0.4)

Upvote 0
Thanks to the OP for posting this as its solve my problem too. I didn't have SwitchPro Widget installed but I had Notification Toggle doing a similar job and it was showing the battery percentage. The other alternatives included showing the battery temperature so this could explain your problem too, markwalters86.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones