• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

N1+LauncherPro=Pure happiness

Thanks for posting this topic I've only had my nexus one for 3 weeks and always felt it was missing something. This is it the dock reminds me of my old iPhone except its better, the 7 screens is great and gives a lot of room, and finally leap view is amazing and I use it constantly. So again thanks for pointing out this fantastic app

Upvote 0
The developer continues to amaze me. This app gets better and better! One of the best updates yet:

The dock has grown! Swipe the dock to the left (down in landscape) to reveal 5 additional shortcut spaces. Now swipe it again for 5 more! That makes a total of 15 shortctus. You can add the app drawer button on the new dock spaces by long-pressing on one and choosing “App Drawer”.

*yay* I find this easier than ADW's additional shortcuts in the dock.

Upvote 0
Man, just when I thought I would not want any more features in Launcher Pro, they've added some that I think are awesome!

I'm a huge fan of the swipe-able bar. The keep in memory is a nice thing, I had not realized that's why when I left a SNES game or a video playing the phone would hitch a bit when I went back.

Bring this thing out of beta, I'm ready to pay for it now. :)

Upvote 0
Man, just when I thought I would not want any more features in Launcher Pro, they've added some that I think are awesome!

I'm a huge fan of the swipe-able bar . The keep in memory is a nice thing, I had not realized that's why when I left a SNES game or a video playing the phone would hitch a bit when I went back.

Bring this thing out of beta, I'm ready to pay for it now. :)

What do you mean? I guess I'm missing something...

Upvote 0
Thanks Roze. I just updated it yesterday so didn't realise there was another update today. The Android market seems to have given up notifying me!

There it is. Wow, what to put in there...

hmm this was out early yesterday evening and that was the only update for the day.

lol, my thought exactly...wow...now my homescreens will be bare without 15 apps there!!!

Upvote 0
I have a question. Despite what I posted above, I have come around to Launcher Pro. It is very nice.

This latest update threw me because when it installed, it took away my icon for opening the app drawer. I figured it out, found out how to re-add it and discovered the additional sections of the app dock. However this raises a question..

Is there any other way to open the app drawer? I can't find one, but it seems weird that you could eliminate the app drawer icon --and even weirder that Launcher Pro would have it not there by default-- if there isn't another means of opening it.

Just curious.

Upvote 0
I have a question. Despite what I posted above, I have come around to Launcher Pro. It is very nice.

This latest update threw me because when it installed, it took away my icon for opening the app drawer. I figured it out, found out how to re-add it and discovered the additional sections of the app dock. However this raises a question..

Is there any other way to open the app drawer? I can't find one, but it seems weird that you could eliminate the app drawer icon --and even weirder that Launcher Pro would have it not there by default-- if there isn't another means of opening it.

Just curious.
The app drawer icon is now a shortcut so you can place it anywhere on the dock tray. And if you don't use the app drawer, you can take it out.

I haven't seen another mean to get to the app drawer other than the app drawer icon.

Upvote 0
The app drawer icon is now a shortcut so you can place it anywhere on the dock tray. And if you don't use the app drawer, you can take it out.

I haven't seen another mean to get to the app drawer other than the app drawer icon.

Thanks, Roze.

Yeah, moving it anwhere is nice. Actually, I wish it were included in the shortcuts to put on a home screen. Just found it odd that it wasn't there at all when I fors launched Launcer pro. Thought I had missed some secret way to get the app drawer.

Upvote 0
LP updated to v0.6.1 (and minor 0.6.2) an hour ago :D
Main update with v0.6.1: We now have the option to pick the settings (performance vs. stability) that match the way we use our phone.

LauncherPro creates bitmap caches of everything on your homescreens to make scrolling smoother. These caches take up memory. Android limits the amount of memory any app can use to 24mb (16mb on devices with 320

Upvote 0
Can anyone tell me if having 7 screens with two screens empty and 5 filled is the same as having 5 screens with all 5 filled?

Also what are you guys running under the setting: General Settings->Keep in memory? I usually have this off but I am going to try it with it on.

Why would you want to have 7 screens with two blank anyway?

I'm unable to answer your question but LauncherPro actually has it's own quite active support forum for general questions and feature requests. It'd probable be worth asking there.

LauncherPro Forum • Index page

Upvote 0
Can anyone tell me if having 7 screens with two screens empty and 5 filled is the same as having 5 screens with all 5 filled?

Just use 5 screens if you don't have anything else to put on. I don't think it matters performance wise how many you use.

I use the keep in memory option with memory at medium. Seems to run fine on FroYo FRF72.

This is by far the most enjoyable app I have used, my wife took awhile to adjust to it but now she keeps on trying to pinch the screen on iPod Touch to view all the screens which is really funny to watch.

Upvote 0
Why would you want to have 7 screens with two blank anyway?

I'm unable to answer your question but LauncherPro actually has it's own quite active support forum for general questions and feature requests. It'd probable be worth asking there.

LauncherPro Forum • Index page

I don't leave them blank on purpose, I just don't have anything to put there as of right now. I figured I would keep it in case I do.

Upvote 0
This is by far the most enjoyable app I have used, my wife took awhile to adjust to it but now she keeps on trying to pinch the screen on iPod Touch to view all the screens which is really funny to watch.

A agree with you full heartedly. And lol @ the wife XD that's jokes man. Maybe you'll influence her in getting an Android phone as her next smart phone ;)

I don't leave them blank on purpose, I just don't have anything to put there as of right now. I figured I would keep it in case I do.
Go with 5 screens, when you need more screens, you can just go into settings and change it from 5 to 7 and change where you want your default screen to be. If you're afraid you'll have to reconfigure your homescreens again, you don't :p Everything is as is :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones