• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help N5 Problem wont power up

OptimusG

Aug 24, 2011
My Nexus5 wont power up. It died last night and when i put it on a charger the white and black "Google" logo and the lock pops up and disappears, and then it repeats that constantly as long as the the phone is plugged into the charger.

After dealing with that at 11pm at night i just got frustrated and tapped it on the arm of my couch a few times and it began to charge, so i thought everything would be good when i power it up in the morning after letting it charge. Powered it up this morning and it goes to the splash loading screen and just sits there doing the animation none stop.

This afternoon i found time to do some searching online and even though no post was exactly my problem i found some similar and tried the solutions they had got to fix their problems. One was to wipe Cache and another was to factory reset, but when i try either seconds later my screen turns black and the no command android pops in and out every 10-15 seconds.

Phone Info
Nexus 5
first Lollipop Image flashed about 2 months ago(?)
6-9 months old
Sprint
I don't remember adding any dangerous apps as of late, all current apps are from Play store

Do i need to take this in or can i fix this myself?

Yea i can get into my bootloader/fastboot. But anything i try and do there gets frozen after a few seconds after i start any process, followed by black screen and then the android and triangle showing for a tenth of a second before leaving and then returning 10-15 seconds later. Wipe,Factory reset, and even trying to sideload an Image.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones