• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help National coverage not available and MMS

goon55

Nov 10, 2009
I have been having issues lately sending pic messages on my D2, about the past month or so. I use Handscent most the time and I just get the spinning circle. If I switch over to the default messaging app, I get the error "national coverage not available". I did the *228 and updated both my roaming profile (opt 2) and then called again and reprogrammed my phone (opt 1). I haven't changed anything in my settings with networks, access, etc.

Anyone else experiencing this? I did a search on the forums but no results were found.

Thanks.

yes, I am too. It does it when I try to send a picture in a text. I can still send pics to photobucket and facebook, just not in a text.

I use handcent
I have tried chomp and even the stock text app. I get the national coverage message on all 3.

The last thing I want to do is a factory reset, and I'm afraid that's the first thing a verizon tech is going to suggest. I'm not sure it's even going to work, I just think it's the suggestion that techs tell you to try when they don't know what to do.

I can recieve pics though. This is a minor inconvenience on how I use my phone, but still something I would like to know how to fix

Upvote 0
I also get that message sometimes.. also using handcent .. i just delete the MMS im trying to send since it wont send .. i then recreate a new mms with the same pic and it works for me on the 2nd try all the time .. i probably get this problem about 3 times a week id say but its not really a big deal for me because like i mentioned i just delete the mms that doesnt want to go out and just retry it and it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones