• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Native Google Search Bar - sucks.

celloshred

Lurker
Mar 7, 2013
Even before the 4.2 updated, the built-in google search bar sucks. It totally lags when trying to type and then lags even more when 'searching'. Has frozen the pad several times.

How do I fix this or just remove it? Its way faster to just open Chrome and search from there.

I don't often use it but when I do it seems to work fine for me. I tend not to type, but just hit the microphone symbol and do a voice search. I am referring here to the Google name and microphone in the top left hand corner of all screens. I don't think that can be removed.

Or when you say the Google search bar do you mean the Google search widget that is 4 long x 1 deep? That is just like any other widget and can be removed just by long pressing it and dragging it to the "remove" in the top middle of the screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones