• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NBA League Pass

It looks like they dropped the price down to $19.99.

Any opinions on how this app is?
Or
Is it worthless for trying to watch the games?

Thanks

It's actually great, unless you live in a blackout area of the team you are trying to watch. For instance, pretty much anywhere in Ohio, you cannot watch Cavaliers games. As a Cavs fan, it makes the app somewhat useless for me. However, when I do watch other games, the quality is great (if you have a good 3G connection) and even better on wifi.

Upvote 0
It's actually great, unless you live in a blackout area of the team you are trying to watch. For instance, pretty much anywhere in Ohio, you cannot watch Cavaliers games. As a Cavs fan, it makes the app somewhat useless for me. However, when I do watch other games, the quality is great (if you have a good 3G connection) and even better on wifi.

Oh No .. I am supposed to take advice from a Cavs fan ????? :D:D

No really... thanks , I think this might be the Cavs year.
Boston is showing that they can be beat & Kobe is a chump.

Blackouts suck, but I will watch most Knicks games on TV anyway.
Key thing for me is .. can you watch replays of the black'd out games?

Thank you.

Upvote 0
I have it on my iPhone (jailbroken - grabbed it for free) and the only reason I wouldn't be willing to pay for it on my Nexus One is because I have NBA League Pass with my Comcast. It's a hell of an app, really. Never loses connection; rarely (if ever) buffers. If you're watching games over Wi-Fi, it's especially flawless.

They need to make an app for NFL Sunday Ticket next season! College Game Day, too.

Upvote 0
You should be able to get around blackouts once a location spoofing app is developed (iphone users do this)

The problem is the data stream is slow as molasses on wifi and the app refuses to work at all on 3G, so basically if you want to use it you have to be near a hotspot and suffer through buffering every 5 seconds.

And I'm pretty sure the reason it dropped in price is because the season is half-way over.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones