• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need a good application for playing music

I A/B'd PowerAmp and PlayerPro myself and found that I liked PlayerPro a little better so I bought that. But my phone has a problem with volume control between it and my Bose SoundLink Bluetooth speaker and just recently I found that the PowerAmp app has a special volume control option that allows for proper volume control of the Bose so I bought that one as well. Both are excellent programs and worth the price.

Although I have about 8 GB of my personal music on my phone I also have a Rhapsody subscription that I use almost exclusively for streaming from the cloud. I rarely listen to the music actually on my player!

Upvote 0
Poweramp

images

Upvote 0
PowerAmp - This was a response I made last year to someone enquiring about a music program with a decent shuffle system on Android

Screenshot_2013-04-06-18-32-16.png

Screenshot_2012-10-30-12-07-44.png
Screenshot_2012-10-30-12-07-44.png
Screenshot_2012-10-30-12-12-22.png
Screenshot_2012-10-30-12-12-32.png
Screenshot_2012-10-30-12-15-12.png
Screenshot_2012-10-30-12-17-12.png
Screenshot_2012-10-30-12-24-52.png
Screenshot_2012-10-30-12-40-35.png
Screenshot_2012-10-30-12-42-46.png

All of the PowerAmp basic shuffle settings which give you an infinite amount of randomized choices when combined with the List function [where you can put groups of randomly sorted or sorted Albums or anything else you can think of like mixed genres], Folders [Where you can put your Albums, mixed genres, separate genres, other Lists, Playlists etc], all of which combine to all be randomly shuffled with these Shuffle options to provide whatever choice you could ever have imagined.

PowerAmp has never ever played the same song twice for me, and will only put extreme bias on Rating if you make a List sorted by Rating and turn the Shuffle off.

You can put your Album in a List then shuffle it, put a group of Albums in another List or add to the previous one then shuffle it, or then combine it with other Lists maybe with separate Genres in them with Shuffle.

Shuffling is just the beginning of what PowerAmp can do

Typed out using SwiftKey, only available for Android ツ :thrasher:

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones