• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Need a little help with Eclipse..

synonymous

Lurker
Jul 3, 2010
First off, hello.

I am new to coding, and to Android. I'm using the latest version of Eclipse. I have spent the past few days going over the basic "Hello World" and Layout tutorials, and am becoming quite frustrated. You see, even if I just create a new Android 1.1 project, and go to run it (without editing a thing), I get some random error message. Most of the time it is in R.layout.main. Eclipse keeps telling me there is a problem with main, but won't say what. I've seen nothing wrong with it, other than the fact that it won't turn blue (or purple, or any color for that matter). I'm on Win7 Ultimate 32-bit.

Here is a screenshot (if it helps any).

If someone could help me correct whatever is causing this (so I can continue learning), I would appreciate it.

I posted this question on another site, but this one seems to have more active users.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones