Need DCupdater help on DC 2.08

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ruki_Uki, May 8, 2010.

1. Ruki_Uki

Ruki_Uki Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Springfield, MA
    I have been trying to use the DCupdater to update to DC 2.08.1 but after it downloads. And I go to apply It, the little grey pop up message appears rating its looking for root access then the screen turns black and does nothing, no matter how long I let It sit on that screen. It does the same even if I try and download a theme. Am I doing something wrong?

Advertisement

2. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Web Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Are you coming from 2.08? If so, DCupdater shouldn't be causing a problem. Try this: Copy the zip file from /sdcard/dcupdater/updates folder to the root of your sd card. Then go to recovery mode and flash the DamageControlv2.08.1.zip

Ruki_Uki likes this.
  3. Ruki_Uki

Ruki_Uki Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Springfield, MA
    Yeah I had 2.08. I later found some post with people having similar problems too. But I did what you said and now have the current update :D Thank you for your help, much appreciated :D

4. ep8703

ep8703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    sorry for hacking your thread. I have Dc updated and when I check for updates it finds Stock Espresso rosie 1.0 when i tried this yesterday it just sat there. unpack and just configure a little and never finish. what is this update. and should it take a while to update before i try it again.
    thanks

5. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    New York
  6. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Dekalb, Illinois
    You might need to use that SU permission for something in the future. Anything the phone needs root access for it will confirm with that window. If you continue getting black screens, find superuser permissions in your applications list and clear the cache and data. Should then work.

Expresso is the bar at the bottom.
    [​IMG]

What do you mean it unpacked and configure a little? What happens? Error?

Tags: