• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

need help building TWRP > ZTE N9835 Chovar Grand S Pro

Hey all, first time asking for help for this hot rod device.

It seems that after its provider was bought up that ZTE ceased development on any devices with the Snapdragon 800 cpu. Seems they were making more money on low spec CPUs and higher spec displays (the low sales of the ZTE Speed can corroborate).

So I have a few of these Grand S Pro devices, and I've been able to Temp Root, but without a Custom Recovery available from the community to install, I have also bricked a couple of them :/

However, I do have a /system pull zipped and waiting to PM to a Dev that is willing to VM a Custom Recovery.
I am also willing to ship one of my bricks if help is provided.

This is a great (little) phone, and I only call it small because of the ZTE Zmax which I have been using (HUGE shoutout to that community, and THANK YOU for the Root guide. Man! Kit Kat! Right?)

The Grand S Pro though, outspecs a Samsung GS5, CPU and Display wise. Its a great device, but been stuck on WiFi without permanent root and a custom recovery.

I've been a ZTE fan since the Warp Sequent, and a huge shoutout to the devs of that device and I hope I had helped toward that community when I supplied the /system pull back in 2013.

I love the vanilla ZTE devices and I'm looking forward to the next high spec device they release, as long as it has the right antenna frequencies for the new LTE, which a lot of them have not.
Argh!

Please help!
I feel like a noob again.
This sux!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones