• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need Help - Deleting personal information

Bvoidx

Lurker
Dec 27, 2014
Hi I'm new here

So I bought a HTC Desire 510 a month ago and yesterday (26th) it suddenly stopped working.It won't turn on,no response from any of the buttons.I took it to the store I bought it and the sales person believes the processor conked out and told me to get a replacement.But before that I'd like to know how I can delete all my personal information.I've already backed up everything I need and tried a hard reset (pressing & holding the volume down button and power on button) but it didn't work.Is their any other way to do this?

Thanks.

Hi I'm new here

So I bought a HTC Desire 510 a month ago and yesterday (26th) it suddenly stopped working.It won't turn on,no response from any of the buttons.I took it to the store I bought it and the sales person believes the processor conked out and told me to get a replacement.But before that I'd like to know how I can delete all my personal information.I've already backed up everything I need and tried a hard reset (pressing & holding the volume down button and power on button) but it didn't work.Is their any other way to do this?

Thanks.
Happy holidays and welcome to the forums . I hate to be the one that has to say this but . if it won't power on its not much to do . if you was in Google and set up with remote wipe . but if the device is turned off its nothing that can be wiped

Upvote 0
I suspected as much. :/ Should I still do a remote wipe?I'm still going to send it in for a replacement,so on the off chance they manage to get it working again the info should be safe.
You can try I Dont think this have SD card but if so just remove it . also try to charge and power on while charging taking place

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones