• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help here.....

JG-1

Jul 18, 2010
I want to upgrade to 2.2 but I'm not sure how to go about doing this.

I have stock 2.1 ROM w/ Unrevoked 3, and have netarchy's 3.7.4 kernel to allow overclocking and FPS fix.

I'm using a Mac so keep that in mind.

So I'm reading I can't just flash netarchy's 2.2 rooted ROM because I would need to do the Simple Root before doing so. Problem.....you can't do Simple Root on a Mac.

Now I'm unsure what the heck to do.

Is there any way to do a simple root with a Mac? What are my options if that isn't possible? I don't think I can apply the OTA update over unrevoked 3. And I can't flash the 2.2 rooted ROM without doing Simple Root first.

Help please!

I'm pretty sure you can do a full root with a Mac. You just need to download the Android SDK for Mac, which comes with adb. Once you can issue commands to your phone with adb, you should be able to do manually what Simpleroot is doing behind the scenes. Course, if you went to your friends' house, you're all set anyway :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones