• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Help I Am Really Torn

xXchrizhurtyXx

Android Enthusiast
Mar 7, 2012
Bronx NY
Well My Galaxy S2 broke and Samsung said they couldn't do anything and strongly recommend buying another SGH-t989.
But i was thinking, how about i try something new and i am thinking on switching over to the amaze 4g.
Is there anything different about the phones that would want me to stay with the galaxy s2 and not go with the Amaze?
Thanks in Advance!!!!:)

They are both good phones. Here is a good comparison. HTC Amaze 4G vs Samsung Galaxy S II

If there is anyway you could wait a bit you'll probably see the next generation of phones coming out before too much longer.

No i am currently without a phone and rather get a phone now rather than later. Thanks for the link btw.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that link Atmazz. I was at the Tmobile store last Sunday comparing the two. I decided after looking at and handling both to go with the GS2. Definitely better for me as I like a lighter phone and the better display.

Funny thing is that I decided to wait just as you suggested as the Tmo store people wanted close to $300 for an upgrade from my Vibrant. I told them thanks but no thanks and then left.

Then on Tuesday I get this little "T" triangle in Tmo colors in my Vibrant's notification bar, I clicked on it and it said something to the effect: "Since you are a loyal and valued Tmo customer we are giving you a new Samsung Galaxy S2, if you want it, just click on the "accept" button."

I clicked and then later called to see if it was true and sure enough the phone will be delivered Friday. I guess I could have turned them down and waited for a newer model but the price is right (free including fast shipping) and I am tired of the Vibrant so I think I will be happy with the upgrade. :D

I have never heard of the little "Tmo" triangle showing up, has anyone seen this before?

Upvote 0
Then on Tuesday I get this little "T" triangle in Tmo colors in my Vibrant's notification bar, I clicked on it and it said something to the effect: "Since you are a loyal and valued Tmo customer we are giving you a new Samsung Galaxy S2, if you want it, just click on the "accept" button."

I clicked and then later called to see if it was true and sure enough the phone will be delivered Friday.

Wow!! Congrats on the new phone!

No, I haven't seen the little T before but I'll be looking for one when the Galaxy S3 comes out. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones