• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need Help - Motorola 4 (Slider)

Raymondstyles

Lurker
Feb 12, 2015
To be perfectly honest I am not he most technical person out there but I have been having trouble with my phone for a while and I am starting to think that its because I have too many apps that are using RAM. I recently started using clean master (although I suspect it uses more RAM than it should) and it seems to help but I am routinely 85% RAM usage. I always clear apps that I am not using, rarely have more than one open and yet my phone is constantly freezing. I just recently realized that Avast Security was using 100 MB of RAM and disabled it but I am not comfortable not having it working and overall my phone is routinely using 750 MB (including Avast).

Should I stop apps from automatically updating? Should I stop using certain messenger apps? Also I'm not sure my phone ever upgraded Jelly Bean.

Thanks in advance.

Ray

Lose Clean Master, it's lying to you.

http://androidforums.com/threads/pu...k-killers-ram-optimizers-and-the-like.896663/

For the most part, your apps will go into hibernation - using no power.

Your phone will use the same power on ram whether it's 10% empty or 60% empty.

Android knows how to handle the rest.

The thread will cover any questions you have.

It sounds like you have a rogue app - either a bad install or just crappy code.

GSam Battery Monitor can help you track it down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones