• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Help with Different Situation

MyTjSux

Android Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2010
Tampa, FL
So a maybe 2 weeks ago i had a thread on here about issues with my phone. to recap
"Ok so i have having issues with my Liberty 1.0 it was getting pretty bad so i decided to go back to tranquility for a bit......so i rebooted into clockwork wiped my phone, wiped my caches and flashed the tranquility and rebooted the phone....all is well so far. well when i get through the immediate menus and to my home screening my tranquility keeps showing its boot screen every 30 seconds (not rebooting though) and i cant get anything done, i reboot it again but i cannot seem to get into my bootstrap recovery (the green menu ) anymore and im guessing its because i wiped my phone, im just trying nandroid restore then go from there or hell turn my phone on atleast...."

That was from my other thread....so funny thing is, my phone was completely stuck and i couldn't get my phone to function, but then out of the blue it boots and runs tranquility perfect (so i thought) just a few days ago my battery died on me so i plugged it in to charge over night and the next morning is when D-Day occured..lol
I waqs fully charged and i tried to boot the phone like normal and the phone would get stuck at the tranquility screen, so i battery pulled and tried over and over to no avail. so next i tried power and camera.....wa la! it worked got back into the phone and all was well. At that point i decided it was time to rewipe and flash a new rom so i went into the bootstrap made my copy and clicked boot into recovery and nothing happened (this is the sumnation of my issues here) I cannot get into the green menu to reflash anything i can access my factory boot (the blue one) but i get a failed error message when i try to wipe. Other issue is now when my phone decideds to shut off and i reboot with power + camera it will boot but i wont have data.....no 3g 1x no nothing and in this mode my phone will not take a charge either, so i have to try to reboot it till i see my 3g icon when it comes up.......HELP! lol

unfortunately this has happened to me when i had tranquility, some for some phones tranquility is not really that great of a rom, i have been bricked because of it, you need to SBF to 2.3.340
and then reroot, redownload all apps (if the market doesnt do it for you automatically) and reflash a dfferent rom.
try that out and see how it works for you

EDIT: it just seems like SBF to stock is your only chance, and stay clear of the tranquility :p i would go for another rom

Reactions: MyTjSux
Upvote 0
its not hard to sbf, once you have done it for so long its quite simple
download RSD Lite 4.9 with the 2.3.340 file
just cut the phone off
boot by holding the camera, the volume down, and the power button
wait for the flash
then you should see a screen thats different, i cant remember what it is but its something to do with the usb
have your phone plugged into your computer
open rsd lite and search for the 2.3.340 you installed, and select it
then connect your phone, hit show phone
then start the process (takes about 10 mins)
then when its rebooting, wait for it to get to the moto screen
then pull the battery
then put it back in, hold down the home button vol down button and power
format data
then wipe cache
then reboot
and your done ^_^

Reactions: MyTjSux
Upvote 0
So do i start with the phone on and plugged in to the computer....or you mean download the crap without the phone at all, kill the phone then boot in the bootloader then connect my phone via USB.....im guessing thats what you mean...

Also will this wipe my SD Card should i backup my crap on my comp first?

Thanks again Saint...BTW I'm a huge Bucs fan and i cant stand the Saints...lol so this is funny :D

its not hard to sbf, once you have done it for so long its quite simple
download RSD Lite 4.9 with the 2.3.340 file
just cut the phone off
boot by holding the camera, the volume down, and the power button
wait for the flash
then you should see a screen thats different, i cant remember what it is but its something to do with the usb
have your phone plugged into your computer
open rsd lite and search for the 2.3.340 you installed, and select it
then connect your phone, hit show phone
then start the process (takes about 10 mins)
then when its rebooting, wait for it to get to the moto screen
then pull the battery
then put it back in, hold down the home button vol down button and power
format data
then wipe cache
then reboot
and your done ^_^

Upvote 0
BTW i haven't SBF'd yet because i was unsure of the steps but now that you explained each in a little more detail im not worried at all and i know exactly what will be going on so thanks......

I hope Matt Ryan loses a leg and Michael Turner is arrested in a prostitution sting and is holding 2 kilos of Coke......

Upvote 0
yea lol sadly though your team could only win games against losing teams, the last game of the season they finally beat the saints (for their first win over a winning team) tsk tsk tsk
yea while starting 10 rookies.......and putting more starters on IR....not to mention a 23 year old quarterback with no established weapons.....something tells me come next year this can get violent on here....hahaha

Upvote 0
So enough football talk... did the SBF go okay for you?
LOL
Yes it was cake thanks to everyones help on here.....it was the same as when i rooted my ERIS the first time, you just get worried because you have never done it before and your trying to take peoples words and turn them into images in your head but you never fully get it until you jump in.......i can now add SBF to the list of things i have learned from this website and like Saint said its simple once you have done it:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones