• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

need help with email other apps

wasya152

Lurker
Mar 27, 2009
i need help finding the right email app. the default one is horrible. the problem i'm having is that it doesn't differentiate new emails from old. every time i open the inbox in any of my email accounts, it always shows all emails as new. i don't know which one's i read or not. it's not bad if it takes me directly to the email, but when i have emails for multiple inboxes, i don't know which ones have the new email. i called t mobile tech support and was told that unless i delete the read emails from the server, the phone will keep reloading them as new. on my old phone, the messages i read where marked as read and stayed that way. when i got a new email, it was clear which one it was because it was highlighted. can someone help me?

also, i've just switched to the g1 from a business phone, so i'm really new to this still. the couple things that i would like to figure out how to do is, first, i would like to know how i can search my contacts both by name or business. i've transfered the contact info from outlook to the g1 and so i have both name and business information. however, when i search using the keyboard, i can only search by name. if i put in the name of the company, it doesn't show up. also, is it possible to have both shown. on my old phone when searched for either the person name or business name, the result showed both. for example, if i searched for lauren or Unico, it would show up as Lauren with Unico below it. also, this way if i have more than one lauren, i can distinguish between them without having to click through each one.

secondly, is it possible to set up "speed dial" function. basically, if i pull up the dialer and press 2 for like 2 seconds it will

third, i used to have my phone set up that i would have what ever my next appointment was, it would show on the home screen. is that possible with this phone. is it possible to allocate certain space on the home screen to preview upcoming appointments.

third, i used to have my phone set up that i would have what ever my next appointment was, it would show on the home screen. is that possible with this phone. is it possible to allocate certain space on the home screen to preview upcoming appointments.

There is an app that gets you close to this. The G1 isn't natively able to do this.

The app I use is Quick Calendar. It doesn't show appointments on the home screen directly. Instead they're in the notification shade, so you can pull it down and see your appointments. You can customize this so it shows as many or as few as you want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones