• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with Rom

andriodadmirer

Android Enthusiast
May 14, 2012
Hey android admirer here
I made stock Rom with super r's kitchen and deodexed it , disabled secure boot , and encryption
On boot.img
Kept all original files in Rom
( except odexx files of course)
Boot the Rom it boots gets to the set up wizard and says the com.android phone has stopped working
I am not connected to internet and have to start over set up and it brings me to the welcome page automatically
All while still giving the com.android phone has stop working error
Any ideas?

Hey android admirer here
I made stock Rom with super r's kitchen and deodexed it , disabled secure boot , and encryption
On boot.img
Kept all original files in Rom
( except odexx files of course)
Boot the Rom it boots gets to the set up wizard and says the com.android phone has stopped working
I am not connected to internet and have to start over set up and it brings me to the welcome page automatically
All while still giving the com.android phone has stop working error
Any ideas?
This may be device &OS dependent, some stock ROMs refuse to deodex all apps properly and can sometimes lead to this. Probably need open an issue report in github with the developer of the actual deodex tool to get that fixed. An option is to NOT include frameworks and exclude the phone app itself, from deodexing. Then build & see if it boots.. Cause with deodexed frameworks, the whole ROM kinda HAS to be deodexed. If frameworks doesn't get deodexed, then you can still run odexed apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones