• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with rooting my phone! Please help!

Hello and welcome to Android Forums, TimeAndroid. :)

What carrier are you with? Some things to know before rooting is that once you root it voids your warranty, there is a risk of bricking (breaking) your device if the root process is not done correctly or is something goes wrong. I am not an expert on rooting, but I know a few of the basics such as the risks and the benefits of it. :)

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
I've rooted many phones, maybe this is good advice -

1. Read, read and read some more before rooting. Our forums contain rooting guides to help with that.

2. Don't panic. Usually, it's going to go smoother than you thought, but every so often, you can stuck. It's happened to me. If that happens, don't panic, and don't try to fix it. Just post what happened and so forth and someone who's been there will guide you along.

3. ONLY root with methods and software known to work for your device. The S3 is a generic model, but slight differences due to carrier variations can require changes in rooting. That's why MP wants to know your carrier. Rooting is not a generic deal.

Once we know that, we'll move this thread over to the right root forum with fellow SGS3 owners with your specific version can give you the exact guidance you need.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones