• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help with SDK

Shorte85

Android Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2010
Michigan, USA
I think I need someone who knows what they're doing or someone who will be helpful to say the least. I am very stuck, and I am getting a little frustrated about the situation I am in. It seems like it should be a simple task, but apparently not for me and I see that some others have had the same situation but I can't seem to pin point a solution for it. Anyways, the problem I am having is I want to be able to take a screen shot with the SDK program. The reason I am wanting to do it this way is because I am on the limited data plan, and please I have already heard enough about I should get the unlimited data plan and I understand this. However, I am unable to do that right now.

I understand that in order to take a screen capture with the PC is by downloading the Android SDK program, along with the JDK as well. Which I have done, and I have it on my PC now. I hook my phone to my PC and the following windows pop up:

(screen shot -->) http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8128/45517130ade549448e4241b.png Now, I have previously tried Installing Drivers, which shows in the first box to the left. However, when I click on that a site opens up to verizon: Entertainment and Apps from Verizon Wireless - V CAST Media Manager but unfortunately I am unable to download it because I have x64 bit Vista windows. So I am not sure how to bypass this part if this is the cause to my problems.

So I close all the windows, since I figured I didn't need them open. I went to the SDK folder that was placed on my desktop, opened the tools folder and double clicked on the ddms.bat folder a CMD black window pops up for a split second and then disappears. Now looking on the internet, some have stated that you need to right click and run as administrator if you are Vista or Windows 7, and I tried this as well but no go.

On my phone, I feel the settings are correctly set. Which is go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB deubugging - ticked

I am at a loss here, I didn't think this was going to be such a pain in the butt to do. However, I am hoping there is someone out there that has figured out a solution to this problem and I would highly appreciate any help you can give to me. At this point, I am willing to do anything just to be able to do one simple thing such as RUN DDMS and get a simple screen shot. LOL

So frustrated!

If I am incorrect on what you mean please let me know what you mean more elaborate. But you were talking about taking and changing the compatibility mode for the V Cast thing right? Or am I missing something.

If so, this is what came up:

3f93b5a3e3674b6ebe5d3a2.png

Upvote 0
Not sure but you might need to open a command prompt as an administrator first and run the file from the command prompt by navigating that command prompt to that folder.

I'm not completely sure on how to do this, do you have like a step by step how to for this part? I'm still stuck on getting this to work.

If anyone can help, I would highly appreciate it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones