• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help with superuser permissions

triplecrown

Nov 22, 2009
NJ
I'm gonna need some help guys. So I was messin around with my phone being bored and went into the superuser permissions app. I was looking at all the entries that were in there and I know that it's just a list of permissions you've allowed on your phone. Anyway I wanted to see what would happen if i clicked on one of them. Well it cleared it from the list and I just clicked on all of them so when I'm in the SU app there is nothing there. Now when I try and get into one of my apps that require permission it tells me it requires root and doesn't have permission. So it looks like I blocked all permissions for my rooted apps. The question is how do I get it back??....I'm sure I can just reflash a nandroid backup I have but I was wondering if there is any other way??????

Did you try and reboot? I learned early on not to touch this app but I hate the way it's designed...shouldn't clear the entries without a prompt of some sort. I did a google search for you but didn't return anything good after about 10 minutes of looking...I'd love to know the answer if anyone has experienced/solved this issue.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply UBR. Yea I searched for bout an hour and i'm surprised this didnt show up. Anyway I did try and reboot, even tried uninstalling the root required apps and reinstalling. Still nothing. Didn't even ask me to allow permissions again. So at that point I went into full pucker mode and just did a nandroid restore and everything is running fine again. And yea there should definitely be a prompt of some sort. Even though technically still rooted it denies access to everything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones