• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with Wifi Settings. (Sorry for the Long Post)

jdawg0024

Nov 11, 2009
Wifi has been a pain in my a$$. this is How I had my wifi Set up. 1st off it is connected to a wired router as a Access point only (so no firewall on it)

Wireless Channel: 11 (perfect channel for the wii)
Extension Channel: 7
SSID: ********** <---- Name of Router
Wireless Mode: 802.11b,802.11g & 802.11n
Bandwidth: 20/40MHz

Security Mode: WPA/WPA2-Peronal (PSK)
Authentication: WPA/WPA2 (PSK)
Encryption Technique: TKIP+AES
Pre-shared Key (PSK): ******** <---- Password here.

The Hero will find it and when I type the password in it will connect and my phone will obtain an IP address, however, the phone will not work online. I try to go to a web address and I get could not find web address.

There have been pleanty of other phones that have connected to the same wifi and worked perfectly, i.e Blackberry's and iPhones, plus ipod touches.

I have messed aroud with the settings and the only way I can get the Hero to work is to change:

Security Mode: 128bit WEP

This will give me a 13 pair hex digit pairs. This is fine but I have many friends who come over and its a pain to set them up with the "password".

Can anyone tell me how to get it to work with:

Security Mode: WPA/WPA2-Peronal (PSK)

So I can just type a simple password.

P.S. with it connected to the 1st cofiguration

Security Mode:WPA/WPA2-Peronal (PSK)

I have been able to run the speed test.net app and get great results, not all the time but sometimes.

Have never been able to browse the web on that setting for more than 5 minutes.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones