• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help need lots of help with galaxy s2 bell

rohat

Lurker
Jan 4, 2012
hey guys i got s2 from bell canada a little while ago, havent really used it besides for messaging and was hoping you could help me out

1. how do i update this to newer versions like 2.3.x. mines is 2.3.2 rights now. i know older phones you had to go to about phone and update from there, but its not in the s2.

2. was the s2 supposed to come with a cd?

3. what the f*ck is keis? keis air? are they free?

4. is samsung apps free? is there anything useful in it? i opened it and it made me update it and said something about using internet connection. it cant use any internet or charge me for anything if i dont have data right?

5. how do i put music on this and wheres the music player

androids are confusing as fck..
thanks brahs

1. how do i update this to newer versions like 2.3.x. mines is 2.3.2 rights now. i know older phones you had to go to about phone and update from there, but its not in the s2.
2 ways
Download samsung kies to your windows computer and a upgrade should pop up follow the instructions and that should update you to 2.3.5
2.You can flash the latest 2.3.6 firmware via odin. Look on xda for a guide very easy.

2. was the s2 supposed to come with a cd?
No
3. what the f*ck is keis? keis air? are they free?
Keis is basically samsung crappy version of itunes. Kies air is over the air syncing and yes they are both free

4. is samsung apps free? is there anything useful in it? i opened it and it made me update it and said something about using internet connection. it cant use any internet or charge me for anything if i dont have data right?
Some apps in the Samsung apps are free and their are some paid apps in their to i believe you can also use the android market. Some useful game trails such as tetris. No it wont charge you if you dont have data use wifi

5. how do i put music on this and wheres the music player
You can use kies to put music on it or download isyncr to your phone. That is what i use and its great. The defult player sucks. Download Poweramp or doubletwist.
6. Click the thank button

Upvote 0
I think Android is pretty good. You can transfer music using the USB cable. Just go to setting/wireless & network/USB/ and follow the instructions. Tap the icon, connect the cable, tap another icon and the phone would be like a thumbdrive. And you can transfer files and music like that.

You can also download the user manual over the net.

There are quite a few games and apps that are free on Samsung apps. Some pretty nice games too. I got asphalt 6 free but not sure if still available. A lot of apps and games can also be found through market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones