• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Tasker help, will pay

Smart Silencer does most of what I was initially looking for. Back then I didn't realize that it does filter emails and texts as well (in addition to calls). I wish I'd have known that prior to blowing $700 on an Indian guy from Elance to create what I sought -- he ended up making an app chalk-full of errors and problems -- when I pointed these out to him, he'd just say "I can't replicate the error on my end." Total waste of $. Be wary of programmers on Elance.
Ouch :( I can't believe you paid that much for a developer to create you an app >_>;;; I see that the app was pulled from the market.

I am quite curious. Isn't it the norm for a customer to get the app test ok before paying? You actually pay for the app BEFORE testing it? Hmmm.. then you ought to change the way you deal with developers. Since you are a paying customer, you should always ask to test the app BEFORE paying. The only exception is unless you are dealing with companies that act on behalf of freelancers then there is some contractual issues mandating payment first etc etc.

Try to do business direct with the developer instead of via proxies.

This!!! :/

Upvote 0
I am quite curious. Isn't it the norm for a customer to get the app test ok before paying? You actually pay for the app BEFORE testing it? Hmmm.. then you ought to change the way you deal with developers.

I did test the basics of it, but to delve into every single nook and cranny of an app to discover deep hidden bugs takes a tremendous amount of time and effort -- and this should be done by the developer himself -- or, at least any good developer should do this himself. Instead the developer I got is typical of one from that part of the world -- no pride in his work, needs constant hand-holding and instruction, puts out sloppy work full of problems -- just terrible, poor quality work.

No problem it was a valuable lesson to me -- I will no longer deal with developers from India -- by and large, they are terrible. That has been my experience time and time again.

If you want to specific Elance handle of the developer I'm referring to here, PM me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones