• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need to completely restore my phone

Backstory: I was trying to free up space by deleting stock apps. I don't know what I deleted, but I ended up messing up a ton of features, including not being able to download anymore applications. I've spent all day trying to fix it, finally ended up backing up all my contacts and factory resetting it. However, this doesn't restore the default apps, and am still unable to download anything from the store. So, I am trying to completely restore it as if it were new.

What I have read/tried: I don't know if this is right, but I read that I should try to flash a ROM onto it(?). I downloaded it, however I have no idea how to flash it. Every method that I've found says to use an app to do it, but I can't do that since I can't download any apps. Also, I have not found any PC programs that are able to detect my phone through USB. LG PC Suite is unable to connect to my phone although I am able to use it as a storage device from the SD card.

So, where do I go from here? Thanks.

SHORT VERSION:
- I can't download anything from the app store.
- I have not found any PC program that is able to connect to my phone.
- I am able to use access the SD card from the computer.
- Initial approach is to try to flash a ROM, but I don't know how to do that given the above conditions.

Have you installed the LG Optimus T USB drivers onto your PC yet? If not go here LG Optimus T USB Drivers - LG Cell Phones Blog and follow the instructions.
Next go here New pre-packaged ADB installation This is fool proof and works 100% for Windows Vista and 7.
Will help finding a recovery later today.
I have found A good Gingerbread ROM and a ICS ROM that has most everything working.
Will link to those after I find the recovery.

Reactions: krazydragond
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I don't know what will work best for your phone or you. Here is a list [REF][30 APR] Repository of HOWTOs, ROMs, MODs, etc. - xda-developers
Your Android OS version will be in the settings/about phone.

And to install/flash the ROM [How-To] Root, Recovery, ROM without touching a computer - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
If it's a CM-7 Gingerbread ROM you will need the Gapps (google license'd apps) as well. Flash/install these right after the ROM. The dev of the ROM will let you know if you need them in his thread.

Reactions: krazydragond
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones