1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Need to recover bricked flipside

1. maxleonca

maxleonca New Member

Yes, I manage to brick it.
    Now I need to try and recover it. Please bear with me since I want to be thorough.
    The facts:
    flipside running froyo 2.2.2
    Rooted with superoneclick
    Ran deblur script from http ://www.xda-developers.com/android/universal-de-blur-script-brings-clarity-to-most-motorola-devices/
    Brick the bastard.
    Yes I read a bit to late about backing up the ROM, huge mistake but now is done.

I can boot in recovery mode, so I tried a factory reset to no avail, tried uploading the Blur_Version.2.159.17.MB508.ATT.en.US.zip from motorola site but I get a "(Status 2)" error and the installation is aborted.

I have found the SAGE_U3_10.23.20_SIGNATT_USASAGE02B25ND0ATTNA02E.0R_PDS001_SAGEATT_P033_HWp4_1FF.sbf.gz wich is supposed to be the original firmware but with a warning that if the Froyo update was installed it will brick the phone if used so I have hold my horses there and decided to ask someone who can give me advice.

So please, any of it is welcome.

Cheers.

I shutdown the phone but decided to keep the battery fully charged and it boot once I connect it to the computer.
    And it started up and the motoblur wizard was there. I input my account and added a google account and even got a message about voicemail with I listen to.
    But nothing else, when I reboot it again, it went into the bootloader screen and is stuck there.

Advertisement
  2. maxleonca

maxleonca New Member

OK this is odd, I have a phone that "works" but has no UI.
    Can anyone pass along a backup of the official Froyo rom for the flipside, please?

Thank you.
  3. d1r3vv0lf

d1r3vv0lf New Member

I have the exact same issue. I can get to the recovery screen, but can't load anything.

I've managed to get to the phone (motoblur) setup a couple of times, but after going through the wizard and clicking done it goes back to the beginning again asking me for motoblur in a perpetual loop.

Did you ever find a solution?
  4. d1r3vv0lf

d1r3vv0lf New Member

Oh, and I HAVE tried the official ROM for Froyo, I saved it months ago when the update came out.

That's the file that gives the "Status 2" failure.