• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need to recover bricked flipside

Yes, I manage to brick it.
Now I need to try and recover it. Please bear with me since I want to be thorough.
The facts:
flipside running froyo 2.2.2
Rooted with superoneclick
Ran deblur script from http ://www.xda-developers.com/android/universal-de-blur-script-brings-clarity-to-most-motorola-devices/
Brick the bastard.
Yes I read a bit to late about backing up the ROM, huge mistake but now is done.

I can boot in recovery mode, so I tried a factory reset to no avail, tried uploading the Blur_Version.2.159.17.MB508.ATT.en.US.zip from motorola site but I get a "(Status 2)" error and the installation is aborted.

I have found the SAGE_U3_10.23.20_SIGNATT_USASAGE02B25ND0ATTNA02E.0R_PDS001_SAGEATT_P033_HWp4_1FF.sbf.gz wich is supposed to be the original firmware but with a warning that if the Froyo update was installed it will brick the phone if used so I have hold my horses there and decided to ask someone who can give me advice.

So please, any of it is welcome.

Cheers.

I shutdown the phone but decided to keep the battery fully charged and it boot once I connect it to the computer.
And it started up and the motoblur wizard was there. I input my account and added a google account and even got a message about voicemail with I listen to.
But nothing else, when I reboot it again, it went into the bootloader screen and is stuck there.

I have the exact same issue. I can get to the recovery screen, but can't load anything.

I've managed to get to the phone (motoblur) setup a couple of times, but after going through the wizard and clicking done it goes back to the beginning again asking me for motoblur in a perpetual loop.

Did you ever find a solution?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones