• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New and looking for a new phone!

Quidam

Lurker
May 4, 2011
Hi,

I'm Bob from sunny Scotland and I'm looking at making the leap into the Android world!

I've had my trusty Sony Ericsson W580 for nearly 4 years and now the buttons are giving up the ghost but I can't decide what to replace it with.

Natural progression would have been to go after another Sony Ericsson but I'm put off by some less than complimentary reviews of the Xperia X8, X10 and X10 Pro (not all of them are bad but enough to make me think twice!)

I've also been looking at the HTC Wildfire, but am concerned about some reviews which talk about lag, screen resolution and battery life.

Then there's the Galaxy S, which seems fine, but my wife has a Genio Touch which has started going wrong after a year whereas I like to hang on to my phones for as long as I can!

So can anyone offer me any pointers on the above or any alternatives?

I like my SE because of the Walkman music player, I also use the FM radio, camera and voice recorder (which I use at uni for listening back to the bits of lectures I couldn't keep up with - meaning I'd need something that can go all day without being charged) and would need these plus wi-fi as a minimum on my next phone.

Battery life is also important, and ideally I need something that can go upwards of 8 hours without going flat.

So, talk to me - what should I get?! :D

Bob :)

Im just a newbie on here... but i can tell you this, Im completely addicted to my HTC Thunderbolt and you can get it on Amazon for $180... not to shabby. Phenomenal Camera and HD camcorder, huge screen, brilliant interface, i can go on and on. However, the battery life can be a problem, but can be easily fixed with an extended battery or just a spare, also im waiting on a reply from nate about battery saving configurations. I'll be sure to relay them to you as soon as I have them, untill then, cheers mate!

Tony E.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones