• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Firmware for me today - Fri March 23

McGilli

Mar 21, 2012
I have been checking everyday, and today there is a new firmware available for me.

it says

UPDATE DETAILS (100.29MB) IMPROVED STABILITY

My Note is from France, if that makes any difference....

I'm in Canada using WiFi only...

UPDATE: ok finished downloading. Just installing it. Shows a little android guy popping out of a box while it installs.

taking its sweet time... will update....

UPDATED CHANGES:

BASEBAND BEFORE: N7000XXKK5
BASEBAND AFTER: N7000XXLB2

BUILD BEFORE: GINGERBREAD.XXKKA
BUILD AFTER: GINGERBREAD.XXLC1

KERNEL BEFORE: ROOT@DELL87 #2
KERNEL AFTER: SE.INFRA@SEP-53 #2

Going through Titanium Pro I can see lots of the built in apps have higher version numbers. Guess that's all....

:) @ Mr. McGilli, sir, how's the overall performance and stability of your Galaxy Note after upgrading?

Is there any thing I must prepare before upgrading, aside from a Samsung Account? :)

Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions, pardon me, G.Note is my first android phone and I want to maximized it and know the safest but best way on how to perform firmware update/upgrade. My recent phone was Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, a symbian 60 version 5.

Upvote 0
:) @ Mr. McGilli, sir, how's the overall performance and stability of your Galaxy Note after upgrading?

Is there any thing I must prepare before upgrading, aside from a Samsung Account? :)

Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions, pardon me, G.Note is my first android phone and I want to maximized it and know the safest but best way on how to perform firmware update/upgrade. My recent phone was Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, a symbian 60 version 5.

No worries. The Note is also my first Android device, and I was also a little worried about rooting, and updating the firmware etc. But, I have not had any problems.

I have had no issues since the firmware update. I only used the previous firmware for like 2 days - and those days I was learning how to use the phone. So I don't know if this newer firmware is better or not.

However, overall my phone works great.

Upvote 0
@McGilli

It's nice to hear that. :) I just want to clarify what you did, 1) Rooted your G.Note using the instructions (5 Steps) you've shared to me. 2) Update firmware AFTER rooting your phone. Am I right Sir?

Yes.

The firmware update showed up a day after I rooted my phone. So I did it and it worked fine. When it is updating, it took about 10 minutes. I thought maybe the phone was frozen. But I waited, and it worked fine.

Upvote 0
I just got my update. It's 104 mb. It's loading now. Surely it can't be the ics upgrade. Got my note 5 months ago on the web. It was loaded with polish bloatware. Did Poland get the Note before anyone else ?. Will let you know what it is after it downloads. Nah, it was just some crappy update. All i got was some stupid google and messenger app, oh, and some polish app. If they want to give me a great update, they should give you an app to get rid of the crap bloatware apps. I WANT MY ICS UPGRADE NOW. STOP PUTTING IT OFF SAMSUNG

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones