• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Firmware?

I haven't yet. I finally took the time to get adb going on my machine last night and hit hdblog to re-read up on rooting when I found this lol.. May just take the plunge and try this after work.. idk ><

Oh, something else kam, you know that _01 / _04 thing you mentioned in the adb drivers? I have the old firmware but it needed _04 to recognize the driver.

Upvote 0
I'm undecided if i should bother updating to this firmware. It just looks like a slightly newer version on the french galaxy (G8 vs G6). Its probably just a later build with the same bugs, but who knows.

Let me know if you try it. If not I will do tommorow when I have more time.

Wierd about the MI_01/04 thing.

Upvote 0
I'm flashing!

It works! I think its alot faster :-/ The background image is now set to the default yellow android flower wall paper, and the home screen is default layout now too. The baseband is showing version H2 too. Now to re-install all my crap.

OMG its fasssssssst

LOL omg

I'm setting up all my apps w/ old firmware, doing one more nandroid and then I'm going to install it. Did it kill your root? (guess it would?)

Upvote 0
That 1 click root thing is stupid easy man, just copy the recovery.img and the rectools.tar.gz to the root of your sdcard install then run the apk do a backup of your recovery img then in the text box type /sdcard/recovery.img and flash.. power off boot in to recovery and enable su took a couple of minutes.

Upvote 0
Any apps you haven't been able to get in market? ebuddy and gflash (turns on cam led as a flashlight) can't find either..

edit: and you are right, it seems faster! I was hoping it would boost RF reception a bit, but I don't see a change there. My G1 will be getting around -80dbm while the Galaxy in the same spot will be around -105

Upvote 0
Changes noticed so far:
- Its ALOT faster
- There's now 45mb free memory from boot
- That anoying lock button thing is fixed (where if you press the unlock button for more than a second, but not long enough to unlock it, it displays the lock screen, but if you then decide to unlock it, you need to release the button for 2 seconds and then long press)

Upvote 0
The lock button is the one thing I do not like about this phone. Coming from a G1 and just having to quickly press Menu twice to unlock was a much better option imho or I just got used to it at least. Anyway..

It does seem fast

I did have a weird wifi issue- I had had it enabled, downloaded a bunch of stuff from the market, turned it off and then idk 10min later went to turn it on to get something else and it said my router was remembered but not in range. I just left it as was and 5 or so after that I turned it off (was going to turn it right back on and see what happened) and the phone restarted. It has been fine since that reboot.

1 click root still works with this build

I've got it underclocked currently (well some of the time.. overclockwidget allows you to set custom frequencies when the screen is on and off I have it set to 128 when the screen is off)

That's all for now!

Upvote 0
Great to see that it works nicely for the both of you.

Are there any fixes to the previously mention bugs about the phone not being recognised by NPS and the constant reboots while using data?

I'm at my Vista x64 machine now I'll check on my XP machine in the morning (it has the NPS installed) and I'll let you know on that.

I've had one single reboot and it was acting flaky with wifi when it happened, don't know if it was just a one time thing or something that I'll be seeing more of. I've turned wifi off and on a few times since and have been using data just fine. I'll post here if I see anything in regards to that as well.

Upvote 0
It doesnt work with NPS still :(

No reboots here yet. (The easiest way to check at a glance is to put the Taskiller task bar on your home page. After it reboots you'll see a bunch of widgets which autostart)

I still have 29mb free, and weatherbug and other stuff has loaded - phone's been on for a few hours now.

Upvote 0
wow
something is happening already, glad to know :) my galaxy is
baseband version: I7500XXIFF
kernel version: 2.6.27 hudson@andy #1
build number: 76XXCSDCBALUM6375
kam how many version from your current im away,lol? would it be worth for me to update? by the way does the battery last longer? hows rebooting stuff?as mine never rebooted itself and everything seems to work very good. by the way did anyone try Ndrive? ive got it on mine and it works perfectly (uk maps) but today tried to install Easter Europe maps and it shows couple of countries but say lithuania latvia estonia doesnt show but when i connect phone to pc and check the maps directory it shoes that these maps are there?do you know what might be wrong? ups off topic a bit :) sorry. by the way i guess i should say sory as wel for not trying everything myself i just think im too new to android and i let everything come in small steps :) so i really appreciate what you guys do and try all the stuff on your phones.so should i upgrade or wait for better build?thanx

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones