• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New here

Welcome @chargris a moderator should be along shortly. What phone did you get?

I had a couple of Microsoft Windows phones in the past.

There's a lot to explore here. Enjoy!

Hello GIF by Originals

Upvote 0
Hey thx! I got the nothing phone (1) which windows phone did u have and do u miss them (like the hardware or os)

I had the HTC Windows Phone. I was using Nokia but kind of pushed to Windows Phones due to Microsoft buying Nokia. The HTC phone was okay. I also had a LG Windows Phone that I sold.

Here's a picture I posted of the HTC Windows Phone
Nostalgia - Phones From The Past

Reactions: chargris
Upvote 0
I had the HTC Windows Phone. I was using Nokia but kind of pushed to Windows Phones due to Microsoft buying Nokia. The HTC phone was okay. I also had a LG Windows Phone that I sold.

Here's a picture I posted of the HTC Windows Phone
Nostalgia - Phones From The Past
Ok that's a relic i remember still being mind blowned when i learned htc made windows and android versions of their phones (for the same model like the one m8)

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums @chargris. I hope that you enjoy your time here and find these forums helpful. Please ask any Android related questions here and we will try our best to assist you. Take a look around the forums... there is a lot of information that's been contributed by our friendly members that enjoy helping. Thanks again for joining the community.

What sort of account problems can we assist you with? It will take one of our Administrators to edit your account and they will be happy to do so once they know what you are needing.

Upvote 0
Hi i was looking for android related forums to join and here i am!
That's how I joined, I wanted to get more serious about using my Android tablets (a Surface Go and a Kindle Fire) so I found an Android forum.
i had a microsoft lumia 950xl before
My advice: Keep it so that you have a backup phone, in case your current phone breaks or something.

On another note: Proper English is not required on this forum, in fact, there's a rule against being a grammar Nazi. That said: I was only able to understand your message after reading it multiple times, and even then, I'm not sure I understand it. I think you're asking for a mod's help with a problem on your account, but I'm not sure.

If English is your second language and you just haven't gotten it down yet: That's one thing, you could practice English with me in PM if you'd like. But if you do have English down, if you know how to use commas and standard spellings (e.g. "account" as opposed to "acc"): I would strongly recommend you do that! The harder your posts are to read and understand, the less likely it will be that people will understand you, let alone help you.

Of course, what I said applies if you're intentionally using texting-talk instead of standard English. If you just haven't gotten English down yet, please don't let what I've said discourage you! The best way to improve your English is to use English, and being on this form is a good excuse to use English. And as I've said, you're welcome to practice English with me in PM.

Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums @chargris. I hope that you enjoy your time here and find these forums helpful. Please ask any Android related questions here and we will try our best to assist you. Take a look around the forums... there is a lot of information that's been contributed by our friendly members that enjoy helping. Thanks again for joining the community.

What sort of account problems can we assist you with? It will take one of our Administrators to edit your account and they will be happy to do so once they know what you are needing.
Thx for your answer! What i need is to change the email address on my account (i had to use a friend's aol because i never got the validation email on my hotmail) since,when i do it myself, it asks me to confirm my account but i never receive the email

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
That's how I joined, I wanted to get more serious about using my Android tablets (a Surface Go and a Kindle Fire) so I found an Android forum.

My advice: Keep it so that you have a backup phone, in case your current phone breaks or something.

On another note: Proper English is not required on this forum, in fact, there's a rule against being a grammar Nazi. That said: I was only able to understand your message after reading it multiple times, and even then, I'm not sure I understand it. I think you're asking for a mod's help with a problem on your account, but I'm not sure.

If English is your second language and you just haven't gotten it down yet: That's one thing, you could practice English with me in PM if you'd like. But if you do have English down, if you know how to use commas and standard spellings (e.g. "account" as opposed to "acc"): I would strongly recommend you do that! The harder your posts are to read and understand, the less likely it will be that people will understand you, let alone help you.

Of course, what I said applies if you're intentionally using texting-talk instead of standard English. If you just haven't gotten English down yet, please don't let what I've said discourage you! The best way to improve your English is to use English, and being on this form is a good excuse to use English. And as I've said, you're welcome to practice English with me in PM.
I'm french canadian and bilingual but i'm 15 so i type that way in french too i'll be careful tho because i'm not texting with my friends here loll

Upvote 0
Thx for your answer! What i need is to change the email address on my account (i had to use a friend's aol because i never got the validation email on my hotmail) since,when i do it myself, it asks me to confirm my account but i never receive the email
I relayed your account problem to the admin.

Upvote 0
I'm french canadian and bilingual
I wish I knew two languages! Unfortunately, I only know English, but I'd like to learn Spanish. Maybe I'll learn Latin while I'm at it: Latin is the common ancestor of English, Spanish, and many other European languages (including French).
but i'm 15 so i type that way in french too i'll be careful tho because i'm not texting with my friends here loll
I suppose the important thing to remember is this: Not everyone's fluent in texting-talk. For me, reading texting-talk is like reading Shakespeare or the King James Bible.

Now, you won't get in trouble with the mods for using texting-talk. So, you are free to type that way. I'm just advising that you not (that you type the same way you'd type in school), because a lot of people have trouble understanding texting-talk.

Upvote 0
You may be able to install Android onto that phone, or Windows 11, which can run Android apps. But you might not want to do that! Not only is it a pain to install anoother oparating system onto a smartphone, but you may find the new OS too buggy to use even as a backup phone.
Yeah i'm def not gonna give it a try i don't wanna risk making things worse it's beat up but fonctionnal
So far, how does Android compare to Windows Mobile?
It's a different experience tbh not necessarily a bad one (they both have pros and cons) but i'm liking it so far!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah i'm def not gonna give it a try i don't wanna risk making things worse it's beat up but fonctionnal
That's probably for the best.

It's a different experience tbh not necessarily a bad one (they both have pros and cons) but i'm liking it so far!
I'm glad you're liking it so far, because unfortunately, Windows Mobile is dead. Even the Surface, Microsoft's own line of tablet computers, use the desktop version of Windows. That makes the Surface unsuitable as a serious tablet, unless you install Android onto it.

Reactions: chargris
Upvote 0
Warmest welcome to you. Enjoy the wonderful infos and great folks here!
Thx! I definitely am
That's probably for the best.

I'm glad you're liking it so far, because unfortunately, Windows Mobile is dead. Even the Surface, Microsoft's own line of tablet computers, use the desktop version of Windows. That makes the Surface unsuitable as a serious tablet, unless you install Android onto it.
Yeah windows is a joke on everything fr

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones