New Here.General

Last Updated:

1. Veryzon

Veryzon Member This Topic's Starter

Lurked for short time. Good site. Wife and I got Eris each. hers does not 'buzz' when tapping the 'home, menu, back and search' touch keys. Could not figure it out. Any suggestions? (Love the phones by the way!) OH!!! And, bought the Seido 3500 mah battery. it really is not that big, fits in my hand nicely. I will let you know how it lasts. charged last night and still strong today. But I will keep updated. Just need help with the 'buzzer' thing for now. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

From what I understand, haptic feedback can't be disabled for the four soft keys (unless this is possible in Spare Parts or something). Are you running 1.5 (unless you intentionally "flashed" your Eris to a 2.1 leak you are)? Does the phone vibrate when she does things like type?

You may want to try a factory reset on her phone.

Oh, and welcome!

3. Veryzon

Running 1.5 typing does not buzz but neither does mine (i seem to remember turning buzz on typing 'off' on mine at some point) cant remember.
    how do i reset? (will lose all her contacts with this i'm sure as well as apps?
    Thanks for the quick response.

4. Veryzon

found how to set vibrate to 'on' with keyboard, but it does not work on hers. therefore, haptic feedback is not functioning. is this good reason to request replacement? (still under 30 days old) thanks.

5. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Does hers vibrate at all when doing other things? If not then yeah take it back.

6. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

If haptic isn't working even when expressly set to on, I'd get it exchanged. Shouldn't be a problem.

7. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

Take it back. Haptic feedback is a very simple function of the OS, if it doesn't work, something is wrong. Take it back.

8. Veryzon

Just got back from Verizon. They gave me a new phone. Everything now working. Thanks. Meanwhile, my big bad battery is holding up very nicely!