• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help new HTCsync (16oct2009) enables tethering?

from HTC's site...

is this saying what i think its saying? mobile network sharing (aka tethering) is enabled through this update to HTCsync? does anybody know?

(i don't i haven't run HTC sync at all yet)
I almost got excited for a second. After checking the site, its the same 2.0.5 HTC Sync that ships with your phone.

So, while it does say that, unless something has changed on Sprints end. The mobile network sharing wont work.

Upvote 0
Doesn't work for me. As soon as I turn that option on, the phone starts telling me about the wrong vision username/password. I have to turn the option off to get rid of the error. Only way that worked was with the PDANet app but it's not free. Either way, bluetooth tethering, which I had with my old Samsung A900 doesn't exist for Hero, which sucks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones