New Icon over Application IconSupport

Last Updated:

1. brucearonson

brucearonson New Member This Topic's Starter

I want to remove the existing calendar application icon and replace it with a date/time widget over it. The widget now when pressed does nothing but only shows current date and day of week. Can this be done?

I have tried other programs but they only seem to allow me change the name of the icon. I tried using any cut and also Launcher.
    EVO

Advertisement
  2. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

Tajm is a nice date/time widget, but I don't know how to make it go to the calendar when you touch it.

brucearonson likes this.
  3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

hrm...i know I have seen something in the market that does this but don't know if I can find it again...you would instead be looking for a date/time app that displays the date and time and has a customizable press function (takes you to calendar)

I don't think you will be able to do this simply by changing the icon on the current widget

brucearonson likes this.
  4. mecampo

mecampo Well-Known Member

I use ExtDate Widget before and set action to calendar. You can try Fancy Widget also if you want to add weather and time and have them go to weather and clock respectively when pressed.

Goodluck

5. Minnis

Minnis Active Member

Download "Make Your Clock Widget Beta". You can design your own clock widget (just date and time, if you want) and set it to open any application.

6. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

gtab simi clock can be linked to many apps. you can also set ech side of the widget to do different things.

7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Widgets are pretty much limited to what the developers designed them to do. Finding one that has been developed with the ability to go where you want it to will be a trial and error process.

Icons are simple...many apps like the ones you mentioned exist.

For the heck of it check out folder organizer. The possibilities with that app are endless.

Other than that continue to check out date and time widgets/clocks. I know I have seen more than one that have a customizeable shortcut action