• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Icon over Application Icon

I want to remove the existing calendar application icon and replace it with a date/time widget over it. The widget now when pressed does nothing but only shows current date and day of week. Can this be done?

I have tried other programs but they only seem to allow me change the name of the icon. I tried using any cut and also Launcher.
EVO

hrm...i know I have seen something in the market that does this but don't know if I can find it again...you would instead be looking for a date/time app that displays the date and time and has a customizable press function (takes you to calendar)

I don't think you will be able to do this simply by changing the icon on the current widget

Reactions: brucearonson
Upvote 0
I want to remove the existing calendar application icon and replace it with a date/time widget over it. The widget now when pressed does nothing but only shows current date and day of week. Can this be done?

I have tried other programs but they only seem to allow me change the name of the icon. I tried using any cut and also Launcher.
EVO

I use ExtDate Widget before and set action to calendar. You can try Fancy Widget also if you want to add weather and time and have them go to weather and clock respectively when pressed.

Goodluck

Upvote 0
Widgets are pretty much limited to what the developers designed them to do. Finding one that has been developed with the ability to go where you want it to will be a trial and error process.

Icons are simple...many apps like the ones you mentioned exist.

For the heck of it check out folder organizer. The possibilities with that app are endless.

Other than that continue to check out date and time widgets/clocks. I know I have seen more than one that have a customizeable shortcut action

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones