• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Leak from TBH Android 2.2.1 Build # 2.3.320!

Is anyone else still having battery manager force closes? I am. I'm on the new leak with the newest rubix rom. However, I did apply a theme, could that be the problem?

On a side note this is ridiculous, not to be off topic and rant but I CANNOT believe motorola would release a software update (froyo) after sufficiently delaying it to the 11th hour with such a huge bug in it and still not have put out an official update.

Upvote 0
Not ROM Manager....the TeamBlackHat app.

GMB

I didn't realize there was a separate app! Every time I heard people referring to "the TeamBlackHat app" it never occurred to me they were not referring to Rom Manager! (Isn't it created by the same team?)

Anyway - I paid for the TBH app, and proceeded to install Tranq 3.5 - IT IS AWESOME!!!

Love the toolbox, love the animations, love the theme, and LOVE 2.2.1!!!

I've got the themed LPP with clear widgets on top of this release and I can easily say:

This is the best my DX has ever been hands down!!

Upvote 0
Is anyone else still having battery manager force closes? I am. I'm on the new leak with the newest rubix rom. However, I did apply a theme, could that be the problem?

On a side note this is ridiculous, not to be off topic and rant but I CANNOT believe motorola would release a software update (froyo) after sufficiently delaying it to the 11th hour with such a huge bug in it and still not have put out an official update.

They're too busy fighting the mod community and changing keys to render leaked sbf files useless to worry about bugs. :eek: A-holes

Upvote 0
I didn't realize there was a separate app! Every time I heard people referring to "the TeamBlackHat app" it never occurred to me they were not referring to Rom Manager! (Isn't it created by the same team?)

Anyway - I paid for the TBH app, and proceeded to install Tranq 3.5 - IT IS AWESOME!!!

Love the toolbox, love the animations, love the theme, and LOVE 2.2.1!!!

I've got the themed LPP with clear widgets on top of this release and I can easily say:

This is the best my DX has ever been hands down!!

so I assume you have to have the new update to install TQ3.5?

Upvote 0
Just copypasta of my post in the MDW/TBH thread...

I appreciate the effort in releasing this, I honestly do.... But....

It looks like this is actually the "Worst release ever".

The OP doesn't even have the system SBF link working, and it appears it had problems linking it in the first place. Corrupt, or partial download issues, etc. People weren't even sure what size it should be, until many pages in.

The app I paid for, doesn't have the system SBF download.

There is no real suggestion of any improvements, or changes, in this release.

The donators, and the non-donators, are having it waived in their face that they're not worthy of receiving a full SBF anyways, and yet it sounds like a good number have bricked their phones assuming that they had downloaded a safety net, in the system SBF, that was originally posted.

Tranquility is not something I'd bother with anymore, let alone take a risk for, in order to get a more advanced toolbox to make a boot screen have a droid peeing on an apple.

I'm staying clear of this release, and I would suggest others consider the same plan, until a proper SBF is released, or at least a system SBF is floating around that is a sure thing.

I understand that some permissions are needed to release a proper SBF, and for all I know, a member of TBF works for moto/vzw, and is waiting for the go-ahead, but this just seems silly.... It's not as if the release contained Flash, that everyone was so excited for, and willing to take a risk over (which I've probably used all of twice, since getting Froyo).

/Just my 2 pennies. And yes, I was able to find a system SBF. It's around the internet. I haven't bothered updating yet, and I won't, until a better reason than Tranquility 3.5 causes me to, or a proper SBF is released. I mean, who bothers using Tranquility anymore, anyways. It's essentially RubiX blurry, with less support.

Upvote 0
^ wow. just, wow.

Very insightful. Thank you for the contribution.

Your only actual direct comment in the thread regarding the real world changes are, "I like it".

Why not elaborate. Have YOU seen a change, that the 49 pages of the other thread seem to be missing?

What's the incentive for people risking a brick here? There must be something? Does facebook look prettier in pink, now?

/ok, the last comment was facetious, and uncalled for, but I'm asking for an honest and objective summary here

Upvote 0
the point of my comment was that you were acting like they somehow OWED the community a full sbf. and, the system sbf is gone because of moto. be mad at motorola, not tbh (or, tbf as you call them. whatever that means)

it's a leak. there are risks. i did ruin a phone. but, i knew that was a possibility when i took the plunge.

these guys put a ton of work into putting these leaks together, but they have to listen to a million idiots demanding changelogs and sbf's. it's annoying.

why do i like it? i just do. my phone is running faster and smoother. i cant quantify it. and, i dont think i should have to.

tossing this release in their face, and calling it the "worst release ever" is really disrespectful, considering what they have brought to this community. considering how few devs there are left doing things for the X community, i just dont think we should be throwing things in their faces, especially if you havent even tried it.

Upvote 0
the point of my comment was that you were acting like they somehow OWED the community a full sbf. and, the system sbf is gone because of moto. be mad at motorola, not tbh (or, tbf as you call them. whatever that means)

it's a leak. there are risks. i did ruin a phone. but, i knew that was a possibility when i took the plunge.

these guys put a ton of work into putting these leaks together, but they have to listen to a million idiots demanding changelogs and sbf's. it's annoying.

why do i like it? i just do. my phone is running faster and smoother. i cant quantify it. and, i dont think i should have to.

tossing this release in their face, and calling it the "worst release ever" is really disrespectful, considering what they have brought to this community. considering how few devs there are left doing things for the X community, i just dont think we should be throwing things in their faces, especially if you havent even tried it.

The "worst release ever" comment was a nudge, for sure. It was in response to P3's tweet stating that this was the "best release ever", and him stating in the thread that he meant the best roll-out of a new leak.

Yeah, I went for a slap there.

But, I'll paraphrase a PM, that I wrote, regarding that thread/release:

"Previous leaks were system only, at first, and as such allowed more of a community testing phase, with less potential damage". "Also, there appears to be a potential issue that newer models, or re-furbished models, may be more prone to bricking in this leak, and it has not been addressed enough to be sure that releasing a new leak with a boot update is warranted, over a simple system update, that of which is already being used in some of the newer ROMs".

I fully appreciate what they, and other's, like Koush, have done for the X. I have paid for, or donated, to almost every member/group/app that has gone into helping the X community, and without them, I wouldn't have returned my X, but I would not have been nearly as satisfied.

However, that doesn't warrant the disdain in that thread, of suggestions like "you don't deserve an SBF", "we warned you", "oh, I don't know what the error means, but it must be your fault".

I haven't updated yet, but if you like, I'll do it right now. I'll risk a brick, and likely won't have one, because I bought my X on day 0. I also don't see any need to update, nor have I seen any reason why the release of a kernel/boot release was necessary, before more testing was done, or an SBF was available or expected.

People are sending their phones in for replacement in that thread.

But for what reason?

I'm not trying to be a jerk. Don't kill the messenger. I just think that clearly the warnings in the original thread weren't severe enough to make it understood what the risks are, vs. rewards, at this time, and the thread appears to be a guinea pig group of testers, rather than a group that's appreciating some substantiated improvement in their device.

I mean no disrespect. I only mean to re-iterate what 50 pages of "oh s**t, I followed instructions, but your original broken SBF file ruined my built in recovery" has caused, and will continue to cause.

I just don't see the reward here. Especially when there are ROMs that already use the generic 2.2.1 system, without requiring the risk of updating the boot.

Upvote 0
sundOwn, what is proper way to install tranQ3.5? Mount system, format system??

tranQ 3.5 only requires you to install the zip. you'll brick if you format system. ALL you need to do is install the zip.

this is assuming you've already installed 2.3.320. to install that you need to WIPE DATA, format system, mount system, install zip.

Upvote 0
Just found that on mydroidworld, thats from P3 post:

Install instructions:

In the past you did not need to wipe your system to install Tranquility, with this new update Motorola has changed the binaries so we need you to manually format your system and then install this update.

1) DO NOT WIPE YOU PHONE, YOU MUST FORMAT THE SYSTEM.

2) in your app drawer have bootstrap recovery restart your phone in recovery.

3) Follow these steps exactly:
i. Navigate to Mount and Storage
ii. Select Format System - press camera key - press power button
iii. select install zip from sdcard
iv. select choose zip from sdcard
v. navigate to Tranquility.zip and press the camera button
vi. reboot phone

Upvote 0
The "worst release ever" comment was a nudge, for sure. It was in response to P3's tweet stating that this was the "best release ever", and him stating in the thread that he meant the best roll-out of a new leak.

Yeah, I went for a slap there.

But, I'll paraphrase a PM, that I wrote, regarding that thread/release:

"Previous leaks were system only, at first, and as such allowed more of a community testing phase, with less potential damage". "Also, there appears to be a potential issue that newer models, or re-furbished models, may be more prone to bricking in this leak, and it has not been addressed enough to be sure that releasing a new leak with a boot update is warranted, over a simple system update, that of which is already being used in some of the newer ROMs".

I fully appreciate what they, and other's, like Koush, have done for the X. I have paid for, or donated, to almost every member/group/app that has gone into helping the X community, and without them, I wouldn't have returned my X, but I would not have been nearly as satisfied.

However, that doesn't warrant the disdain in that thread, of suggestions like "you don't deserve an SBF", "we warned you", "oh, I don't know what the error means, but it must be your fault".

I haven't updated yet, but if you like, I'll do it right now. I'll risk a brick, and likely won't have one, because I bought my X on day 0. I also don't see any need to update, nor have I seen any reason why the release of a kernel/boot release was necessary, before more testing was done, or an SBF was available or expected.

People are sending their phones in for replacement in that thread.

But for what reason?

I'm not trying to be a jerk. Don't kill the messenger. I just think that clearly the warnings in the original thread weren't severe enough to make it understood what the risks are, vs. rewards, at this time, and the thread appears to be a guinea pig group of testers, rather than a group that's appreciating some substantiated improvement in their device.

I mean no disrespect. I only mean to re-iterate what 50 pages of "oh s**t, I followed instructions, but your original broken SBF file ruined my built in recovery" has caused, and will continue to cause.

I just don't see the reward here. Especially when there are ROMs that already use the generic 2.2.1 system, without requiring the risk of updating the boot.

you totally make some valid points. i, too, was VERY annoyed how they treated the people who bricked. P3 even came here and was very insulting, basically calling people stupid for not wiping data, even though people were clearly telling him they couldnt get into recovery.
if you look at the first page, you will see some of my disdain toward that attitude.

i dont think they realized the danger that was involved. of course, we all know it's there, but i dont think they could have foreseen that recovery issue. let me state again, it happened to me. luckily, i work for vzw, and i called the manager of a retail store, and went and picked up a new one.
i do think they were being assholes, but i think it was because they were just getting tired of all the asking for changelogs and sbfs, and thought people were just being stupid. did they handle it right? no. but, they're human.

however, i'm far more pissed at motorola. they are the ones that are such dicks about sbfs. they are the reason those links are broken now. they are the reason there arent sbfs in the TBH app. it takes A LOT of work to put out a full sbf, and i'm sure it sucks for them to put in countless hours in front of a computer, just have moto pull all of the links within 48 hours..

i dunno, like i said, i totally understand where you're coming from. at the same time, i can see their side too.

just FYI, i think almost all danger is eliminated if anyone who wants to install this leak would just wipe data before install. to really make the install safe, i would wipe data, sbf 2.3.15, then format system, mount system, install.

Upvote 0
Just found that on mydroidworld, thats from P3 post:

Install instructions:

In the past you did not need to wipe your system to install Tranquility, with this new update Motorola has changed the binaries so we need you to manually format your system and then install this update.

1) DO NOT WIPE YOU PHONE, YOU MUST FORMAT THE SYSTEM.

2) in your app drawer have bootstrap recovery restart your phone in recovery.

3) Follow these steps exactly:
i. Navigate to Mount and Storage
ii. Select Format System - press camera key - press power button
iii. select install zip from sdcard
iv. select choose zip from sdcard
v. navigate to Tranquility.zip and press the camera button
vi. reboot phone

wow. that recently changed. i didnt do that. but, i would definitely follow their directions, and not mine.

Upvote 0
Well I took the leap....lol :)

I was running the old leaked version of 2.2:

1)-flashed the 2.2 sbf(2.3.15)
Droid X 2.2 Full SBF leaked - Download now
Got this:
System version: Version.2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Model number: DROIDX
Android version: 2.2
Baseband version: BP_C01.09.07P
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-ga42712e
PRL version: 52105

2)-Wiped!
(Settings/Privacy/Factory data reset)
(Reactivated service: *228 if needed)

3)-2.2.1(2.3.20) Followed Instructions to the letter, re-rooted using the program they recommended
TBH & MyDroidWorld Strikes Back: 2.3.320 update **Must be rooted**
Got this:
System version: Version.2.3.20.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Model number: DROIDX
Android version: 2.2.1
Baseband version: BP_C01.09.07P
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-ga645b6
PRL version: 52105

4)- Removed some bloatware & installed my programs. Everything is golden!
[HOW TO] Remove bloatware - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
Removing the Bloat 2.2 OTA - (3 Ways) Super Easy & Safe, Safe & Easy, Free

* I highly recommend using my steps if your going to do it! I haven't been keeping up with updates, so flashing the sbf seems to be the best way forward rather then risk a brick.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones