• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New LG Optimus Elite Owner

Just swapped from v to e. Was on $40 plan and it seemed to swap right over w/o problem. Anyone tried widjetsoid yet? I had it on my v. Also what other apps that we all have grown to love are working well on the Elite.

So far I like the device but it's a little too soon, one day, to be sure. Great info on this forum, I count on it.

Mike

Upvote 0
Hey, I just moved from a V to and Elite (Virgin Mobile)... has anyone else had problems with headphones? I've been using iPhone Earpods without problem on the Optimus V, but the oddball headphone jack on the Elite seems to block the earphones from seating all the way. The mic is completely muted, music sounds a-ok, better rang eof loudness than with the V.

Could this be why VM doesn't offer any headphones as accessories on their website?

Upvote 0
Hey, I just moved from a V to and Elite (Virgin Mobile)... has anyone else had problems with headphones? I've been using iPhone Earpods without problem on the Optimus V, but the oddball headphone jack on the Elite seems to block the earphones from seating all the way. The mic is completely muted, music sounds a-ok, better rang eof loudness than with the V.

Could this be why VM doesn't offer any headphones as accessories on their website?

This was an issue a few other people have had (never myself). And to be honest I don't remember what the fix was, but bumping this thread should hopefully help someone who does know to be able to answer you.

However, what I can do is ask the most obvious question: are you for sure pushing the headphone jack all the way in? It's a very tight fit. It could also be the iPhone earbuds, too - I've used Sony earbuds, Sony headphones, and IMEGO headphones, all interchangeably on the same phone (my Optimus Elite) without issue.

Upvote 0
There is a little click at the end where the phones plug all the way in, they are bottomed out. I've got two pairs, one of them one of ears is really quiet, I'm gonna try and exchange that pair. They both work fine with my old phone (Optimus V)... I don't have another brand to test it with...

Could it be just a defect in the phone? It's brand new. The built-in mic works just fine.

Upvote 0
There is a little click at the end where the phones plug all the way in, they are bottomed out. I've got two pairs, one of them one of ears is really quiet, I'm gonna try and exchange that pair. They both work fine with my old phone (Optimus V)... I don't have another brand to test it with...

Could it be just a defect in the phone? It's brand new. The built-in mic works just fine.

If the male end won't go all the way in, it could be a defect. It does require some force, however, but not enough to actually break the phone. 1/8 of the male end is exactly what I've got left once it clicks in, and I have not had a single sound issue.

Upvote 0
Currently have an Optimus V running BACKside ROM.

I know I read a lot of questions about upgrading the phone if you would be able to keep your $25.00 a month plan. I called VM and they said I could transfer my number to a new phone and still keep the $25.00 plan even after the May 27th date.
If you read VM website that is not what it says......

Anyway my billing cycle is in 3 days, so I decided to pick up an Elite today and play with it and see what I think. That way if I like it I will transfer my plan to the new phone before the 3 days.

Some quick observations;
- The phone is very quick running on 800mhz. Running a custom ROM on the V that can OC, not that much difference.
- The slightly larger screen is nice, but not sure it's enough to upgrade from the V.
- Like the LED on the phone for pictures.

- Boot screen and sound gotta go!
- It takes longer to connect to the wifi compared to the V.
- The camera sucks on the phone big time with the stock app. The pictures where terrible. I installed Camera FX and the pictures where extremely good then.
- Not being able to move apps / data to SD could be a problem for a few people, such as myself with wanting Audubon guides on the phone. For example Audubon birds download data is 529MB.

I do not think I see enough here to get rid of the trusty V and upgrade to the Elite. The phones going back tomorrow.

im not sure if anyone mentioned it... but im pretty sure stock it runs at 1ghz instead of the mentioned 800mhz which is another plus. def. an awesome phone for the money. has the ability to be overclocked for pretty good speed. all and all pretty good.

Upvote 0
Are your headphones iPhone earpods?

I'm doing the phone a disservice. Just about everything else about it is better than the Optimus V it's replacing, speedy, 5 megapixle the bloatware can be uninstalled...

I will be trying to exchange it for another.

Got it on sale at Best Buy for $49.95!!!

How did the exchange go, and did you ever get my PM?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones