• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New OTA Download Link 7-17

Interesting note here. I did this update on my v3 leak Eris last night with no issues. Step by step it worked just fine.

On my wife's 2.1 OTA Eris, the Vol UP/Power would not go into recovery. In order to get into recover I had to use Vol Down+Power, select recovery, then proceed with the steps.

Either her Volume Up button is broken, or something odd was happening. I can't really explain it.

Upvote 0
not working for me ;( Moved the update.zip (yes I renamed it) to the root folder of my.

If I press Volume Down and Power I get a boot screen with Recovery, Simlock, Clear Storage.

Update: I clicked recovery... then got an Eris with a ! in a Red Triangle, then got "E:Can't open /caches/recovery/command" So I then pressed Volume Up and power, and now got the option to Update from Sdcard... seems to be patching now ;) Fingers crossed!

Question: Anyone have the Patch Notes?

Thanks. This worked for our two phones. Spending the summer in a 1x area, so wifi is the only way. This should be at the top!

Upvote 0
I didn't unzip the file. I think what happened here is that my software signature wasn't new enough to accept the update. Instead I did the latest RUU which wiped all of my data. But it worked well and I have the latest software (without root). When I was done with the update this OTA was waiting for me from Verizon. It installed fine.

Upvote 0
Download it.
Move it to the root folder of your SD card.
Rename it "update.zip"
Turn your phone off, and then back on by pressing Vol-Up & End/Power until the phone starts.
Wait 15 seconds.
Then press Vol-Up & End/Power again - you should get a short menu, one entry of which will say something about "sdcard:update.zip"; choose that.

This update is keyed to only specific releases, namely leak-V3 and OTA2.1. It will abort on 1.5, leaks V1 & V2, and the original root-ROM.

eu1

I was hoping someone here could help me out. I'm not getting the boot short menu (recovery screen??) to come up. I'm not sure my sequencing and timing is right...

This is what I have tried:

1. Power off
2. Volume up and power key; I hold both until the three dudes come up and there is a little vibrate and release both buttons.
3. After 15 seconds, I press volume up and power and the start-up continues, no menu.
4. Eventually the phone is on and the buttons do what they are supposed to do, like turn up the volume and pull up the shutdown menu screen.

What am I doing wrong, please?

Ugh! Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
I tried powering on with the volume down key pressed until the three dudes came up and released, accessed the HBoot screen and selected recovery. At the red triangle, I pressed volume up with the power button and that allowed access to my update.zip on the SD card. I'm re-booting now with the update, looking good so far!

Success! Software number: 2.37.605.4

Upvote 0
if i am rooted and want to unroot, can i just install this and be back?

I first installed the RUU which is will bring you to unrooted stock phone. http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/92096-verizons-ruu-official-2-1-droid-eris-2.html This worked perfectly for me. I am now on latest stock rom, and unrooted. When you install this the newest OTA bug fix, 12 mb size, will be sent to your phone so you won't even have to download this one. I'm really glad I did this.

Upvote 0
My Gf was turning off her wifi and 3G at night, and never recieved the update, would i just come here with her phone and DL the above link? Then???

Her phone is lagging really bad, and the update helped mine alot. Should with hers as well. Or is there any other options i can do?
this happened with me. except only the dialer lags more than before. everything else stayed the same.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones