• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help new phone...problems

xclr82xtc

Nov 16, 2009
(finally got my x!)
ok so i got the phone and stuck it on the charger as soon as it came of the fedex truck. i pluged it in and the screen came up and said 70% battery. then the screen went off (power wasnt on, just plugged in)

so i let it sit for 30 minutes or so and came back. i touched all over and pressed buttons and it wouldnt show me the battery icon, so i umplugged it and plugged it back in. it STILL says 70%...

so i cut it on, went through the activation, (with it plugged into my computer) and the battery life never changed.

now its been sitting on charge with the phone on for that last 20 minutes or so, and still nothing any ideas??\

also, can someone tell me if its possible to make Blackle - Energy Saving Search the home page and keep the google preferences links?

Could be a couple things.

I know Motorola's can have a battery bug that makes the battery meter not what it says it is. So it could have said 70% but been down to 5%...

Also could be faulty battery.

Or even a faulty charger.

There's a few things you could really try, let the battery fully drain overnight and then do a full charge on it (if it charges).

Try doing a battery pull as well.

Try a different charger if you have it, or try it in the USB drive of your computer.

Personally, I would call Verizon and state your problem if it hasn't made any changes after you've tried this because these phones do charge fairly fast and hold the charge fairly long.

Dud phones do happen, as to batterys and chargers etc... So you made need a replacement something but good luck.

Upvote 0
(finally got my x!)
ok so i got the phone and stuck it on the charger as soon as it came of the fedex truck. i pluged it in and the screen came up and said 70% battery. then the screen went off (power wasnt on, just plugged in)

so i let it sit for 30 minutes or so and came back. i touched all over and pressed buttons and it wouldnt show me the battery icon, so i umplugged it and plugged it back in. it STILL says 70%...

so i cut it on, went through the activation, (with it plugged into my computer) and the battery life never changed.

now its been sitting on charge with the phone on for that last 20 minutes or so, and still nothing any ideas??\

also, can someone tell me if its possible to make Blackle - Energy Saving Search the home page and keep the google preferences links?
Have you tried to use the usb connection to the pc to charge it? this way you can pinpoint if its a issue with the charger.

edit: sorry, realized this was already stated in above post

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones