New Phones for This SummerGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I'm glad I got the Samsung Moment. Why? Because I'm now a Sprint Premier customer.

By the time the summer is over, and the HTC Evo has its problems worked out, I can upgrade from the Moment to the Evo.

Isn't Sprint & life lovely? :)

3. massiveian

massiveian Well-Known Member

OMG that thing is sexy. 2 CAMERAS!!!!!!! including an 8.0mp. and a 4.3 inch display. I cant wait till my upgrade now haha

4. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

wow can't wait for that

5. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I have 2 wait for the next 4G phone that has a physical keybourd.

6. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

I'm just kinda sad that it doesn't have a touch pad for navigation, and physical keys for calls. And where is the LED notification light?

7. momentoid

momentoid Well-Known Member

Sure need a physical keyboard, and a better method than this optical mouse for navigation. Yes, still haven't got used to the optical mouse :)

8. topher_csr

topher_csr Active Member

this phone is more or less launching on tmobile next week. it is the stripped down version, and runs windows 6.5, but i was talking to the tmobile rep the other day at work and it is going to be a awesome phone even though its running windows. It comes preloaded with both transformers movies, which you can watch both of them on one charge. also it has a new typing method called swipe, that lets you type without lifting your finger off the massive screen. it uses predictive text to figure out what your trying to type. the sprint version looks better in every way though. dont know how much id use the front camera, but an 8 mp camera would be worth paying whatever crazy price tag sprint puts on this phone. although the Tmobile version is only 149.99, so maybe it will be like 200 for the sprint version. i think this phone on sprint could be the best cell phone out there for a while.

9. ragingbull2k2

ragingbull2k2 Well-Known Member

wow... if only it had a physical keyboard... hell, I would probably still buy this phone... amazing specs and 4G? wonder if its available in southern california (too lazy to check :))

Joey

10. Radical-J

Radical-J Well-Known Member

Yeah, maybe this time around I'll wait 90 after launch and get it for $99...

11. CriticalCritic

It wouldn't be used by many people at all at first. However, as the technology in other phones catch up (installing a low-grade front facing camera) I'm sure it will be used for video chat.:)

12. Eric-VTX

Eric-VTX Well-Known Member

I new i would like this better than the Nexus...yes is Sexy! I like the keyboard on the moment! BUT, that being said...I don't think we need it on the EVO due to the size of the screen! If you look at the short clip of him texting he was going pretty quick which tells me it would good.

I'm due in Jan, and I do agree by then all the kinks would be solved, not to mention hopefully be in 4G network as ii not yet in the Boston area but soon up coming...so I guess this will work for me...but who knows they are coming out with more phones that I can keep up with! lol

One thing I hope, and I don't see why they should increase? Is still have the same prices...

13. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

It certainly wins the spec sheet war. It'll be interesting to see if it lives up to those specs and how long it will be the top dog. The N1 had 3 months or so, the Droid only had a month.

14. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Price is gonna be a huge factor with this phone. A physical keyboard is nice but I managed with the instinct and the size of that screen should make it fairly easy to use. Very interesting

15. Zumaki

The best hidden spec that I am excited about: It isn't a Samsung phone.

At least HTC has demonstrated that they support their products.

Edit: on a video I saw of the phone on youtube, there is a green notification light on the left side of the speaker.

16. Android Walks

Android Walks Well-Known Member

Front-facing camera = Chatroulette mobile?

17. ydoucare

ydoucare Active Member

Everything about the Evo looks great...minus the LCD. Don't think i'll go back to an LCD based device after owning the Moment for a while.

18. KU_Android

KU_Android Active Member

Front facing cameras are actually prevelant all over the world for video chat. A lot of phone actually have to be modified and the camera changed before they are released in the us.

19. Zumaki

oled is nice but Samsung's really the only company pushing them on phones, and while they're supposed to help battery life, it hasn't really been helping all that much. The tech needs to mature a little more, I think...

20. CriticalCritic

The Moment only had 5 days:p

Edit: And that's only as far as the specs go. If you take cj05 into consideration, then the Moment started with a handicap.

21. Schwamy

Schwamy Well-Known Member

IMO, I think the EVO is just eyecandy, I'd MUCH rather have a Nexus One with Stock. I've always hated Sence UI.

22. Solo

Solo Well-Known Member

^I'd have to agree with ya. Sense looks over glossed and kinda cheesy IMO...It;s not that serious that I wouldn't buy the phone. But just saying.

23. Zumaki

Sense UI gives things other android uis can't do.

imo, you can always get a home program and re-skin it to look like whatever you want, but you'd always have sense there.

24. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

what are you shooting with the camera, are you going to be printing posters, if not, than 8mp is overkill, you can get great 8x10's with 3-4 MP, what does matter is HD on the video camera.

25. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

Love the thread and have to drop my 2 cents in here...

1) HTC phones will always be hackable thanks to XDA, so with that said, they will probably have a few ROMS that strip sense off and a few that improve performance.

2) The basic rule on photos - 1MP=4x6 - 3MP=5x7 - 5MP=8x10... Any phone that goes over this is just nuts. Lets work on image quality, not size!

3) The front camera was added simply to put them ahead of the game. Look at the examples Hesse was giving for using 4G in a moving ambulance - that front camera comes in handy for the EMT to chat with the on-call doctor while treating a patient on the move.

But I gotta tell you, the parts that are going to seal the deal for me -

STREAMING NETFLIX! Seriously? My Roku box just bit the big one as I can now take my Netflix queue with me everywhere!

Wifi Router - as long as there's not an added charge like some are reporting, this will be very handy for long weekends camping... lol