new roms, stock widgets

Last Updated:

1. mb01

mb01 Banned This Topic's Starter

So having had sense for over month now, i've become fond of a few widgets that came with the phone. recently i picked up launcherPro, but realized i lost all the stock widgets. upsetting, but i found the dock bar and 3d app drawer, etc., to be more useful and neat. so my question is, has anyone (cook, dev or anyone else) been able to figure out how to pull stock widgets from a stock rom to be able to put them back on at will into say a custom rom or is it even possible?
    i'm missing my music, calendar, favorites and clock (with weather animations) widgets greatly.

btw i know there are replacement type widgets in the market, but they never really seem as clean or simply functional as the stock ones.

Advertisement
  2. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

Pretty much what you can do is take the HTC widgets that you like, back them up on your sdcard, and then when you install a new ROM you can just push them back into the /system/app folder. I'm not 100% sure it will work, but I dont see why not, unless the widgets require sense to be installed.

3. IRunGameEP

IRunGameEP Well-Known Member

im looking for a few replacement widgets too: Stocks, Clock/Weather, and the single row Favorite widget

4. ximfinity

ximfinity Well-Known Member

can you pull the htc widgets and put them in the stock widgets folders and use them... I don't completely understand the htc sense system and how it works. If anyone is more knowledgeable It would be great to hear.

5. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

i would really hope this works... i love sense widgets soo much

6. mb01

mb01 Banned This Topic's Starter

I know that the widgets are linked to apps proprietary to sense. So i figured maybe if the apps were backed up and you could somehow find where the widgets are stored and how they are linked, you could somehow recreate it in a new rom. If a dev or cook knows anything or could figure this out, that would be awesome.