• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root new roms, stock widgets

So having had sense for over month now, i've become fond of a few widgets that came with the phone. recently i picked up launcherPro, but realized i lost all the stock widgets. upsetting, but i found the dock bar and 3d app drawer, etc., to be more useful and neat. so my question is, has anyone (cook, dev or anyone else) been able to figure out how to pull stock widgets from a stock rom to be able to put them back on at will into say a custom rom or is it even possible?
i'm missing my music, calendar, favorites and clock (with weather animations) widgets greatly.

btw i know there are replacement type widgets in the market, but they never really seem as clean or simply functional as the stock ones.

I know that the widgets are linked to apps proprietary to sense. So i figured maybe if the apps were backed up and you could somehow find where the widgets are stored and how they are linked, you could somehow recreate it in a new rom. If a dev or cook knows anything or could figure this out, that would be awesome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones