• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New sd card huge issues help plz

I'm a newbie to this stuff so bear with me

I bought a new sd card. Inserted it today and found out that it wasn't appearing in any of my file managers and so I couldn't move my media to the sd card. I started exploring and in the settings I found an option which was something like "move files to sd card and free up 6.8 gb" so I did it.

After it was done , sd card was still not appearing in my file managers. In the phone settings when I click on sd card storage it says that 6.8 gb of APPLICATION data is in my sd card , but it doesn't show any of the apps in it. Also , my phone has gotten much slower , and a lot of my apps aren't working , and my YouTube isn't loading since doing that (I use yt Vanced).

Worst part of it is I don't know what kind of data is occupying my sd card , and I don't even know how to move it back to my internal storage. Phone settings says it's application data , gallery says it's media it's one big mess.

Plz help me I really need this problem fixed and I don't want to factory reset my phone

How was the card formatted, and which file managers are you using? If you have a card reader adapter, plug the card into your phone's usb port and see if you can read it that way, or at minimum, see if your desktop computer can read the card. That's a starting point, just see what, if anything, is on the card.
Thanks for replying
Card was formatted for phone storage , and i connected my phone to pc and laptop and i could access the sd card but for some reason I couldn't access my phone internal storage on pc and laptop so I couldn't transfer it back. Android files , dcim , images etc were present in the sd card

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones