New tablet from FlatComputing

Last Updated:

1. MyroMini

MyroMini Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Looks interesting. I would have been more impressed if they played some Flash content from video and game sites to confirm 2.2 is really on the device. 3D gameplay too.

3. mindwave

mindwave Well-Known Member

I would have been MORE impressed had they come in with a more reasonable price tag and something SOONER rather than later.

I mean take into consideration who we are talking about and primarily who they are selling TO!

They have a HUGE FUBAR and essentially prove that they never even unboxed their initial product, only after a HUGE uproar and seeing the villagers lighting the torches do the try and "make good" with money, then they all but abandon the product

BUT WAIT now for 2x the price you can be put on a waiting list for 2 (or more) month to receive a yet additional unboxed product.

Most of the folks that they are selling to probably have done what I did as soon as they saw that ad (which came up after business hours)and found that you can order the same thjing off Alibaba for 1/2 what theyre asking.

I'm not saying that EVERY 10" capacitive tablet wont have the same or higher price tag, but MAYBE they should have tried to make nice with the world FIRST!

just my 2 cts

4. MyroMini

Alibaba??

5. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

For this size and the reported features, a lower price would seem too good to be true. That said, I would prefer a smaller display and footprint for several reasons:

1. Better battery
    2. Older apps will not look as funky
    3. Perhaps lower price.

Still,

I would NEVER prepay / order a device from an unknown source. Need to know source stability and actual quality of product first. Perorder is a no-no.

6. gerifalte

gerifalte Member

Hello Mindwave, can you point us to the product(s) in Alibaba you are talking about? I haven't seen anything with the specs they list for half $397. I think the capacitive screen alone would make it more expensive than that.

I think you guys are being too harsh to this company. They did make a mistake, but publicly apologized for it and even offered a full refund.
    I am for one excited about this product, but I do agree that the price tag is a bit too high (for me at least) since it's pretty much the same price as the basic iPad, which may have inferior specs but comes from a long standing company with support, etc.

G

7. MyroMini

On the 20th (launch day), full price was 495$, with pre-order at 445$. Now, they dropped the pre-order price at 395$. Maybe if we wait, it'll drop again :)

8. mindwave

mindwave Well-Known Member

didnt they do the same thing the last time they had issues with shipping, sourcing etc?

just asking?

9. gerifalte

gerifalte Member

Hello again Mindwave, I am still looking forward to seeing the Alibaba product that you said that costs half the Flatpad. If they have one for $200, I want to buy it today!

10. RavatTrading

RavatTrading New Member

This is appears to be just another rebranded Malata A1011 like the Interpad. This will be available directly in the United States from www.Malata-USA.com (coming soon).