• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New tablet from FlatComputing

I would have been MORE impressed had they come in with a more reasonable price tag and something SOONER rather than later.

I mean take into consideration who we are talking about and primarily who they are selling TO!

They have a HUGE FUBAR and essentially prove that they never even unboxed their initial product, only after a HUGE uproar and seeing the villagers lighting the torches do the try and "make good" with money, then they all but abandon the product

BUT WAIT now for 2x the price you can be put on a waiting list for 2 (or more) month to receive a yet additional unboxed product.

Most of the folks that they are selling to probably have done what I did as soon as they saw that ad (which came up after business hours)and found that you can order the same thjing off Alibaba for 1/2 what theyre asking.

I'm not saying that EVERY 10" capacitive tablet wont have the same or higher price tag, but MAYBE they should have tried to make nice with the world FIRST!

just my 2 cts

Upvote 0
For this size and the reported features, a lower price would seem too good to be true. That said, I would prefer a smaller display and footprint for several reasons:

1. Better battery
2. Older apps will not look as funky
3. Perhaps lower price.

Still,

I would NEVER prepay / order a device from an unknown source. Need to know source stability and actual quality of product first. Perorder is a no-no.

Upvote 0
Most of the folks that they are selling to probably have done what I did as soon as they saw that ad (which came up after business hours)and found that you can order the same thjing off Alibaba for 1/2 what theyre asking.

Hello Mindwave, can you point us to the product(s) in Alibaba you are talking about? I haven't seen anything with the specs they list for half $397. I think the capacitive screen alone would make it more expensive than that.

I think you guys are being too harsh to this company. They did make a mistake, but publicly apologized for it and even offered a full refund.
I am for one excited about this product, but I do agree that the price tag is a bit too high (for me at least) since it's pretty much the same price as the basic iPad, which may have inferior specs but comes from a long standing company with support, etc.

G

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones