• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to flashing roms... not to Android

Shadowrun

Lurker
Feb 7, 2012
Mostly here to get to learn more about flashing roms - to do it safely ;)

I want to find a good ICS rom for my SGS2, but would like to keep a few of Samsung's goodies or at least one goodie (Swype, with Samsung's swype keyboard and swedish language)... Maybe I will find exactly that, or I will have to learn how to take out the best parts of the standard rom and bring them into ICS.

And oh! I want to have the Gingerbread smilies rather than the ICS ones on my phone even after installing ICS.

:)

Hello and welcome to the forums - thanks for joining!

Your best bet would be to go to the All Things Root section of the device sub-forum for your phone, as other users of the SGS II would be the best to help you out and rooting each phone has a different process involved.

Here is the sub-forum for your phone Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - Android Forums - you will find all sorts of useful info in there.

Hope you manage to get your phone rooted and that this place is useful to you!

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to the forums - thanks for joining!

Your best bet would be to go to the All Things Root section of the device sub-forum for your phone, as other users of the SGS II would be the best to help you out and rooting each phone has a different process involved.

Here is the sub-forum for your phone Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - Android Forums - you will find all sorts of useful info in there.

Hope you manage to get your phone rooted and that this place is useful to you!

Thanks! I'll be sure to head over there! The phone is already rooted and I have fiddled around with it a little bit (rooted and frozen stock apps I didn't want using titanium backup) . But before I start risking destroying it I think I should learn how to backup and restore it :p

Upvote 0
Thanks! I'll be sure to head over there! The phone is already rooted and I have fiddled around with it a little bit (rooted and frozen stock apps I didn't want using titanium backup) . But before I start risking destroying it I think I should learn how to backup and restore it :p

No problemo... you should get help from the people who are in that sub-forum :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones