• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Kindle ~ General questions

Hellion19

Lurker
Sep 11, 2012
So I was thinking of getting one of the new Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and had a few questions about it. I have went through this forum a bit and the internet trying to figure out a few things as I am completely new to Kindles. Though I know its about 2 months out still and some of the things are still unknown and apps may be a little different and such.

My question was I wondered how hard it is to get emulators/roms for older systems on the kindle as well as how hard is it to get a controller setup with it (from any system or whatever system is easiest).

Most of my other questions have been answered as far as netflix which works and just wondered how difficult it would be to make it into a small gaming device also.

the emulators im sure wont be hard to put on there. ive never really tried putting them on my kindle so maybe someone else might answer that better. as far as hooking up a controller to the kindle im gonna guess its plausible because they actually put bluetooth in them. its just a matter of pairing the two up like you would a bluetooth headset to a phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones