• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to smartphones

Hello All!
Thanks for such a nice forum everyone! It doesn't matter where a person goes, it's the PEOPLE who make it a pleasant place to be! Before joining, I browsed around looking at the different questions and the responses. Responses for the most part were concise and clear, even for a newbie like me!

I just purchased my first android phone yesterday, I've not even activated it yet, but was thrilled to discover I can still use it on line without activating! Wooo Hoo!

This one's a cheappie..an LG Optimus Dynamic...straitalk carrier, but it's a good one to learn the basics on. If I end up bricking it, it won't hurt a whole lot! I di have a few frustrations and I hope to resolve some those with your help.

The one you can't help with is the screen size...opps and omy..it's just tooo small to view webpages with!! small print looks more like pixel dots ! If tablets could act as phones, I honestly would have preferred a tablet. But, ya gotta begin somewhere!

See ya out on the forums! And thanks in advance for your assistance!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones