• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to the Rezound, need clarification on partitioning.

ludist210

Android Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2009
Birmingham, Alabama
So I just got the Rezound last weekend, and I'm a bit confused by the partitioning on the phone (the Droid X didn't do it this way, and my last HTC device had maybe a half gig total on-phone storage).

Am I understanding that there are roughly 2.2 GB partitioned exclusively for apps and the other 10.48 GB on the phone is for media?

To see the memory partitions it is easy if looked at on your computer. Here is a general overview of the memory. The drives and directories will vary depending how your computer is arranged. This is how it appears on my machine but the overall allocations should be the same.

The first (G:\)is the main root directory called CDROM this has all the boot files for the phone and is completely filled at about 7 MB.

The second (H:\) is called HTC STORAGE and appears to be the active usable memory on the phone that holds all the active files and appears to be the default storage area used by the phone for apps and added files. This area has 10.4 GB of free space. Depending upon what customization you have done, many of the apps and files will be here. This is also where you can keep new files that you download.

CDROM and HTC STORAGE are on the phone internal memory. The HTC STORAGE can be partioned into any number of directories etc. and can be used for whatever you want. Certain apps default to using this for their storage.

The third drive (J:\) is the SD card and has about 15 GB of space for your files.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones