• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New to this and so confused

Dont kill apps. Seriously. I understand that you are new at this, but just follow my advice: TASK KILLERS ARE BAD AND KILL YOUR BATTERY FASTER.

Let Android manage its memory. The apps you kill will just restart anyway. Android is not like Windows where you need more RAM free. Whatever you do, Android is designed to use as much RAM as possible.

Upvote 0
Hi I got a HTC one S on friday and have been looking at battery savers and killer apps but i am so confused as i downloaded one and although i killed the apps running it didnt seem to work, am I doing something wrong? help please many thanks in advance.:thinking:
Welcome to the forums.

With the android OS there is no reason to kill apps in most situations:
Fresh Rom – CDMA Android Development

Reactions: agentc13
Upvote 0
Hi I got a HTC one S on friday and have been looking at battery savers and killer apps but i am so confused as i downloaded one and although i killed the apps running it didnt seem to work, am I doing something wrong? help please many thanks in advance.:thinking:

Yeah man, I'll just repeat what everyone else has said. Don't use a task killer. I believe it was anything past either 2.1 or 2.2 that didn't need it. Google optimized android so it handles it on it's own. If you want to know why you shouldn't kill apps, what happens is you kill an app that needs to be running, and all it does it start itself back up again, which actually ends up using more RAM and processing power.

If you want to optimize battery life, make sure you turn off gps, wifi, sync, and brightness when you don't need them. And even your mobile data sometimes (if you're at a movie, or something where you don't need it)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones