• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Transformer owner needs help!!!!

neilrlsmith

Aug 2, 2010
To be honest some of this will be specific to Android rather than the device itself...

Coming from windows, I'm video playback playback tough and need real help. I copied several .avi files on to the microSD card (yes it works) but when I browse to the microSD card to play it just says fail (perhaps you're not mean to do it that way - remember I'm from windows :). I try to move the file from the microsSD (hold down and copy) and move to the video file under file explorer, there's no option to paste when I hold the button down.

The stock Asus player, called 'Mynet' sees only one of the 6 .avi movies on the microsSD but wont play that anyway. Tried installing moboplayer and arc media - neither work. So...not much fun right now.

More specific to the Asus - Mynet (which is in Spanish) wont detect my DLNA enabled NAS. why???

And finally, in camera there is a toggle with an icon that I assume is for toggling between the rear and front camera. That freezes right now so I cannot use the front camera.

I can deal with the latter issues but really need a Honeycomb/Android guru to help me get my very straight forward .avi files to play :(

Many thanks

PS - I'm going to stay in all evening in the hope that I am bombarded with resolutions :)

I'm going to take a wild guess that the avi format isn't compatible. See if Doubletwist or Rockplayer from the Market works. I've had some videos off my Cowan A2 player that won't play on my Desire.

At least the microSD slot actually works, unlike the Xoom's.

Rockplayer did it although it wont play anything directly from the microSD. The ASUS definitely sees at as all the files are there so dont think its a hardware issue.

I assume it's possible to be able to play files from the microSD?? File Explorer within Rockplayer wont let me browse to the microSD though...

And I think the front camera is faulty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones