• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new update 2.11.651.19 killed my bluetooth and the screen won't turn off.

vulcangrey

Dec 14, 2011
Colorado
My Sprint HTC ONE M9 received the 2.11.651.19 update to fix the "stagefright" exploit yesterday morning.

Immediately after, my phone wouldn't connect to my Pioneer Appradio2 car stereo. Their app was crashing. I reinstalled it, and deleted the bluetooth pairs, rebooted the phone... I was able to get it to connect finally, but now the touchscreen doesn't work in any of the apps. It does work in the home screen, but right after running any app, it displays a message with any touch input saying something like "that function is not allowed". The touch screen is actually run by a bluetooth app by Pioneer.

The ONE M9 was working fine the day before the new update.

A similar thing happened when my HTC ONE M7 was updated from 4.4.4 to 5.0.2. The phone would often fail to connect, and I had to delete and re-pair the bluetooth connection each and every time I got in the car!
HTC never fixed that, so I got a new phone, which did work fine for 2 weeks...!

Super pissed about this.

Also I just noticed that my screen will not turn off after 1 minute when I set the phone down. It goes dim, but will not turn off without pressing the power button... Again just since the 2.11.651.19 update yesterday!

I suggest you all hold off on installing this update! I wish I had!

I was able to re-flash the HTC Sprint 2.6.651.11 RUU to my phone (after unlocking the bootloader, flashing TWRP recovery, gaining root, and going S-OFF). And now everything works great again!

Apparently 2.11.651.19 included a new radio, which is why I had to go S-OFF to flash the previous RUU or a 2.6.651.11 firmware.
S-OFF makes life a lot nicer. :thumbsupdroid:
Got it on both the M8 & M9,will be the 1st order of business on my next HTC device as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones